toughbox system, where do I start?

BIGBEARJT

I'd go with the small Toughsystem box. I have one box from the line and that is it. It is actually quite large and I will more likely than not be converting that over to hand plane storage. PLENTY of room plus the lid compartment. Also I have a TStak two drawer unit that is $35 it is AWESOME! Modular storage is the way to go....

Lboxxes - 5

Tough system - 1

TStak - 1

Sustainers I-V - 15

Totally make my basement shop smooth and easy to clean.

• Like 2

I really wish they made a box the size of the one with 2 drawers but make the drawers thinner and have 4 instead or maybe a combination of 1 normal drawer and 2 half size drawers above it, looking at what my experienced coworkers needed when working as a heavy duty mechanic, if they built that into it I think I might finally make the jump and buy the system. Because when we get road calls on school buses I would say a good 10-20 minutes is spent gathering tools and parts. I would love to have a grab and go solution and having shallow drawers for wrenches and sockets would be great.

Went to HD and noticed there not carrying the the tough system any more I wonder if Ridgid out sold them mayby

I heard a Rumor that DeWalt may be shifting to more Lowes based. HD currently carries lots more variety of DeWalt from Tape Mesures and chalk lines to tools and tool boxes. I sure would like to see more DeWalt in Lowes.

I heard a Rumor that DeWalt may be shifting to more Lowes based. HD currently carries lots more variety of DeWalt from Tape Mesures and chalk lines to tools and tool boxes. I sure would like to see more DeWalt in Lowes.

That would be a pretty big deal. Dewalt has been retailer neutral for the most part. Unlike other power tool brands that are store exclusive.

Yea my local HD was the same way the Ridgid and Dewalt Tough boxes came in around the same time. Not long after the HD was carrying the kits in tough boxes also. Lowes would carry a few L-boxx Bosch kits but it was usually special deal kits not regular stock drill kits for the most part.

• Like 1

Yea my local HD was the same way the Ridgid and Dewalt Tough boxes came in around the same time. Not long after the HD was carrying the kits in tough boxes also. Lowes would carry a few L-boxx Bosch kits but it was usually special deal kits not regular stock drill kits for the most part.

They had 3 of the small tough boxes and i bought all 3.  One for all of my Drill and impact accessories bits and what nots, one for my m 18 Fuel grinder and the 3rd on for my M 18 Multi Tool and M12 M-Spector.