toughbox system, where do I start?

BIGBEARJT

• 7 months later...

I heard a Rumor that DeWalt may be shifting to more Lowes based. HD currently carries lots more variety of DeWalt from Tape Mesures and chalk lines to tools and tool boxes. I sure would like to see more DeWalt in Lowes.

My wife's best friend is the manager of the tool department, at my local Lowe's, and she says that there isn't anything really happening for DeWalt expanding their presence on the shelves of Lowe's.

I actually spoke with their DeWalt rep a few weeks back, when I bought my 40v string trimmer. He said a lot of the non-powered DeWalt stuff (hand tools, and whatnot) is Home Depot exclusive in my region (New England). I know some stores in the midwest have a huge DeWalt selection (Like Bomgaar's). But, the "excuse" I was given, as to why they aren't pushing for more DeWalt, is because they have better profit margins with stuff like their Kobalt line. Not sure how true that is, though.

I'll keep bugging her about any insider stuff she might know about, and update when/if I have anything interesting.

Locally, in western Virginia, Lowe's has a good selection of DeWALT power tools, blades and accessories, no ToughSystems, no tool boxes, no clamps and no hand tools (hammers, chisels, prybars, pliers, tape measures) . Home Depot has a similar amount of power tools, probably fewer blades, slightly different accessories, some ToughSystems, various tool boxes, clamps and hand tools. The Home Depot just got in some new nailers, both pneumatic and 20V Max cordless and the new 20V screw gun kits for $199.

• 1 month later...

Lowes around here has a limited selection of Dewalt and our HD closed down within a year of opening. So I go to AcmeTools and thankfully they carry everything Dewalt,Milwaukee,Makita,and they even have Festool,Metabo,Stihl,Fein etc etc. I try to stay away though otherwise I end up spending my weekly allowance lol.

I counted 42 for him. Over $2,000 in Tough Boxes. Lol.

You getting a few for a penny..........great deal.

I see I need to go hunt before you catch up. I stored them in my shelf rack so my dollies are empty now.

7fc21b4977e57936805d313b1e9df438.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You getting a few for a penny..........great deal.

I see I need to go hunt before you catch up. I stored them in my shelf rack so my dollies are empty now.

7fc21b4977e57936805d313b1e9df438.jpg

Hahaha. You have twice as many as me. I'd have to work pretty hard to find another 20+.

I was lucky and found 20 between 3 stores and scooped them up for clearance price...... [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Have you noticed a difference in the boxes at all? The boxes I bought two years ago have a painted or screen painted logo. The newer ones have a decal.