double sidded sawzall blade?

TylerDama

I agree, I'm sure they would have a use of some kind.....and I'm sure someone will get hurt using it too ......safety safety safety, 

every winter there is some kind of snow blower mishap...... 

Was it one side for fine cutting and the other for fast, or was it symmetrical? I am just wondering the purpose. Is it to save time from having to pull the blade out of a wall and flip the saw around. Or is it so you can have an "all in one" blade to cut through wood on one side and metal on the other? 

Either way I don't think the safety trade off is worth the time and/or money. Unless safety isn't a priority and you plan on really going nuts swinging this thing in all directions Texas Chainsaw Massacre style. 

well if it came to safety I don't remember ever wanting to handle or hold a moving saw blade of any kind and as for kick back I think a single sided blade will have almost the same impact.... 

• Like 1

well if it came to safety I don't remember ever wanting to handle or hold a moving saw blade of any kind and as for kick back I think a single sided blade will have almost the same impact.... 

True. I have never come in contact with the top side of a single edge blade. I could just see someone trying to switch directions cutting (pushing down then pulling up) which would lead to the operator pulling the saw towards them, which is not ideal. You would have to be careful of kickback similar to a chainsaw, but if you have a trigger lock on it's not going to stop. 

i had to get my dog icon in here!   nothing really useful to say otherwise :D   

seems like a gimmic product to me, however it isnt the worst idea i have seen    go with the diablo carbide recip blades, im positive they will last way longer than both sides of that other blade combined!

• Like 1

A friend of mine used them when we demoed out the inside of this outbuilding on his property. The blades held up pretty good considering  they were dealing with nail embedded wood. And some of the nails were some freaking huge spikes. I haven't seen nails that large in awhile. With my Milwaukee Fuel Sawzall we made quick work of it.

I saw these at Lowes yesterday. Never really looked as they always had their special little wire rack display and felt they were gimmicky. The ones I saw are made by Spyder. They have variations of blades with symetrical tooth setup and course and fine tooth setups. I'm going to keep an eye on them though. They're hole saw system is fairly nice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A boar blade. That was the name I was trying to remember!

https://wizarddistribution.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=2386

I guess Spyder bought them out, or they decided to take a new name because that's what they call their recip blades

http://www.spyderproducts.com/toolpages/spyder-bore-blade/

They also have a really cool holesaw system too.