Hello from Maine

The Motts

Hi, everyone.  I'm an electrician from Maine and as you can probably guess, I like tools.  Most of my power tools are a mix of Milwaukee M28, M18 and M12 although I do have a DeWalt gyroscopic screwdriver that I like a lot.  Other than tools I like to read science fiction.  Well, I guess that's it, nice to be here and I'll see you around the forum.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Motts, did you lose power in this last abortion on Thanksgiving? We were out for nearly 24 hours! Thanks God for PSNH and the tree service guys!

Nope, didn't lose power.  My brother and sister live almost across the road from each other 4 or 5 miles away and they both lost power.

Welcome Motts! I have an uncle who lives in Maine and is an electrician!! Your name isn't Billy, is it? Haha

I love maine, spent all my summers growing up, up there, spent many of those summers working for him actually. My mom's entire family lives up there. Steuben and Milbridge, about 45 mins north of Ellsworth..

glad to have you here!!

Hi, everyone. I'm an electrician from Maine and as you can probably guess, I like tools. Most of my power tools are a mix of Milwaukee M28, M18 and M12 although I do have a DeWalt gyroscopic screwdriver that I like a lot. Other than tools I like to read science fiction. Well, I guess that's it, nice to be here and I'll see you around the forum.

Oh a fellow Maniac! Where about in Maine? Welcome to T.I.A.

Welcome to the forum Motts glad to see you joined the TIA crew. What authors do you read regarding your sci fi books?

I really like the Honor Harrington series by David Weber.  I recently read a couple of books by Peter F. Hamilton, Fallen Dragon and Great North Road that I really enjoyed.  I also like Douglas Adams, Spider Robinson, Robert A. Heinlein, F. Paul Wilson and a bunch of others.  I'm also into Fantasy so, George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones, Tolkien's Lord of the Rings and other stuff like that.  But my favorite author is Terry Pratchett.  His Discworld series is really, really good.  They are parody/satire's of traditional fantasy novels/tropes from Conan to Lord of the Rings and everything in between.  There are 30+ books in the series and they're all really funny, but there's also a lot of depth to them.  It's just a really good, laugh out loud funny series that kinda makes you think a little bit, too.  I'll stop there because I could probably go on all night.

Oh a fellow Maniac! Where about in Maine? Welcome to T.I.A.

I live in Casco, down in southern Maine.