woodpeckers bevel gauge set

NERemodeling

Just came in the mail today, I ordered it months ago, back in July I think, through Tool Nut when it was avaliable as a one time tool

I am a little addicted to woodpeckers stuff and have a fair amount however this got really excited! It's just beautiful, fit and finish is amazing and they are very robust.

post-49019-0-72757800-1418064815_thumb.j

post-49019-0-72282300-1418064833_thumb.j

post-49019-0-13677200-1418064853_thumb.j

post-49019-0-48160000-1418064946_thumb.j

Yeah, $270 for the set.. a little pricy but it's hard to deny how sweet they are!! If you call woodpecker directly they should be able to tell you if there are any still avaliabe.. they are made to order but typically they make a few extra to account for people who were late to order.

the angle plate and large one are much bigger than I thought but that's a good thing. I'll post some specs on them.

Also the stainless blade is very thick and the sandblasted finish on the blade is sweetttt

Chris, your going to love the squares. It's so nice using a tool that you can rely on being dead on accurate, the heft of them make them feel really nice in the hand and there is no denying the eye candy effect!! Can't forget that they are made in the good ole US of A!

Mr. Yellow, I do use mine on site but reserve them for finish work or when they are absolutely necessary to get the job done.. I tend to use a little more care while using them also but I'm a firm believer of using my tools. It's just the aluminum that might suffer some nicks or scratches. You would be hard pressed to bend or knock their stuff out of square.

yellow.. not so sure if you will ever see that! I have seen one of their old squares anodized gold

• Like 2

sounds like a lot of money but if you work with projects that need accuracy then it is probably cheap in the long run. Time is money even for a DIY'er, if a tool can provide faster, better, easier results it can go in the priceless column......

Comp, i agree with you on all accounts. Is it completly necessary for me?, No, but I do use it professionally to make money, I work hard for my money and i really enjoy nice tools.   ;D

Having the right tools and also tools that work flawlessly and that i can rely on really do make my job easier and more enjoyable. 

Yep, I saw these, then the price. I couldn't believe. You order in summer and just got.u r a patient man.

its actually kind of nice    once a month or two goes by you really dont think about it and then all the sudden you get a shipping notification in your email and its like an early christmas!  

its definetly a long wait but there is nothing you can do about it if you want the tool

Cheaper?? From what I can see prices are up by $10 for each size..

I don't think the thickness is an issue the stainless blade should be much more rigid than the old aluminum and being thinner may actually make it easier to use.. no doubt the ruler will hold up better to nicks and scratch a

If it's the same stainless stock that my bevel gauge blades are made from then they will be plenty sturdy!!

Yes, I do plan on getting one, the 6"

I'll suggest that you wait until Tool Nut posts them on their site or call and have them order for you.. that way they make a cut and you don't have to pay shipping!

• 2 months later...

Was looking into these, but alas, not available anymore. I really want one of the aluminum Bridge City bevel gauges, but they are unavailable as well. Next best thing are the Woodpeckers.

Anymore brands that do the same kind of high quality tools with a modern look?

For those of you who don't know Bridge City Tool Works. Bridgecitytools.com. their stuff makes woodpeckers look cheap!!

This is the same size as the smaller one in my pictures and it goes for $208 by itself!!

attachicon.giftb2v2_ss_01_2 (1).jpg

I drive by the shop on a fairly regular basis. It's all I can do not to stop in...

Was looking into these, but alas, not available anymore. I really want one of the aluminum Bridge City bevel gauges, but they are unavailable as well. Next best thing are the Woodpeckers.

Anymore brands that do the same kind of high quality tools with a modern look?

Did you actually try contacting woodpeckers to see if they had leftovers? Someti.es they make a few extra or people cancel their orders so you can get them even after the deadline (no promises)

Try the same with bridge city if you haven't already.

There are several guys over on the FOG forum that buy bridge city and woodpeckers.. I would be willing to post a "wanted to buy" post over there to see if anyone is willing to sell..

Ebay maybe?

If all else fails head to leevalley.Com and check out their Veritas tools

there is a few options.. one of their nicer ones is a resin impregnated wood handle with a cool cam lock for the blade. They also have an angle guide plate like woodpeckers offered. They have a starrett option too but it looks kinda small.. maybe search for starrett outside of leevalley.Com

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=32593&cat=1,42936,50298,43508

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=52403&cat=1,42936,50298,52403

http://www.leevalley.com/US/wood/page.aspx?p=67469&cat=1,42936,50298,43508

That's a beautiful bevel NER. I ordered two Woodpecker tools but I don't think they'll show until May and June. I got the Paolini rule and theRevision framing square (smaller one). Can't wait!

Thanks man,   sweet tools you got coming!!  i too am waiting on the Paolini 6"    that should be a nice little ruler...  and im also waiting on the one piece t squares full set.. those should be coming any day now :) 

your gonna love the framing square!   i think 18 is a perfect size.   its big enough without being too big

as a rule of thumb, so your not disappointed .. always add about 1 month to what their expected shipping dates are.. 

they have this alone....

wp1.png

Im not sure if you can still get that bad boy, they retired it back in September..    same thing applies though, if anyones interested maybe they have some extras they can still sell you but no guarantee.. 

I decided to pass on this because i see it being more for someone who does a lot of work with hand tools and does their own sharpening with a jig that you can set the angle..    between a stack of planes and chisels you could have a good assortment of different sharpening angles.. this would make it easy to verify what angle to resharpen them too so you dont mess up your edge.