Bosch GDS 18 V-LI HT 4Ah vs Milwaukee HD 18 HIW 3Ah (HD18HIW-32X) 18volt

Dogar Claudiu

Hello, I am new here. I made my account especially for this because I am in a great dilema. I received great offers for these 2 beasts. They are around the same price but that does not matter. I am a truck mechanic, so I need powerful, reliable, long-lasting cordless impact wrench. And these are the two I found at a really good price. So, other alternatives are completely excluded.

I saw some guy on youtube that has had Milwaukee HD18HIW 610nm torque / 3 Ah battery (I am not talking about FUEL) for about 2 years and used it heavily and had no problem. So, this would have been much choice. Until I found about Bosch's beast, that it has slightly higher torque figures 650NM and 4Ah battery. Theoretically, Bosch would be the winner as it has bigger battery and more torque, but I do not know anything about durability, about its practical power. This is all I am interested in: power and durability, That's all. I would use it mostly for undoing screws. Ok, so that's what I am looking for.

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

P.S: I have Bosch's GDS 18 and GDS 24 powered by cable and I am really not impressed with them. GDS18 is alright, but GDS24 compared to my Makita TW1000 is piece of cake.

Milwaukee HD18SIW-32X - 3Ah battery

• No load speed: 0-1900 rpm
  • Tool reception: 1/2"SD
  • Impact rate: 0-2200 ipm
  • Max.torque: 610Nm
  • Weight with battery pack: 3.0kg

Bosch GDS 18 V-LI HT - 4Ah battery

No-load speed 0 – 1.900 rpm Weight incl. battery 3,0 kg Torque, max. (hard screwdriving applications) 650 Nm Rated impact rate 0 – 2.100 bpm Battery voltage 18 V Toolholder 1/2" external square

I've owned the GDS 18 High Torque wrench, it is a really nice tool. Very sturdy in the hand and powerful. I would take it over the non-fuel Milwaukee, though I haven't owned or used the milwaukee.

I'd take the FUEL over either. 

Note: I'm not a tradie, which is why i didn't keep the high torque wrench, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

It's so much harder to help people in other countries. In the USA pricing is pretty consistent over all the brands the are with in 30 dollars usually if your not buying during a promotion. The best time to buy any tool is when the have a free battery or tool promotion going on? I don't know the major tool buying holidays in Australia but I assume they have a few over the summer. That would be the best time to buy into a new system.

I also just wanted to add too Dwain I feel so bad for all the Australians involved in that horrible attack in Sydney. Out of all of the former British colonies I think most people would relate to Australians more than Canadians to be honest. Canadians get all the love because of Hockey and they fact its a really short trip. If there was another country I would move to it would be Australia. I would have to figure out a way to deal with my power tool deal buying addiction. My thoughts are with you over there.

Thanks Jason. To be honest, i get pretty upset at Australia a lot of the time. The majority are just so ignorant and intolerant when it comes to other religions, asylum seekers etc. I get very jealous of Canada and similar societies.

But there's no denying that we have great quality of life, and are the envy of many other nations in terms of wealth / equality (as long as you're not middle eastern) / open space.

Just pony up for the fuel when they have a special with the battery and be happy

Yea go for the fuel with the 3/4" anvil, you cant beat it with 1015 Nm of fastening torque and almost 1500 Nm Breakaway and you being a truck mechanic and it being a 3/4 inch anvil its the perfect tool, I was in the heavy mechanics trade for a bit then had to go back to school but when I go back the Milwaukee 3/4" fuel impact is the first things on my shopping list. 

Yea, Its weird Michigan has some of the highest arabic population numbers outside the middle east, but there are hardly ever any issues. A lot of their food is a big part of the area now too. No to say this area isn't racist we haven't moved that much further from the Detroit riots

some times specs mean nothing compared to real life ......companies and their lawyers have a keen way of wording things to sound better for marketing.... if you make a living with tools don't compromise 

All things considered, the fuel is probably the best buy on the market. There are guns with the same or slightly more power (IR W7150 & Mac BWP050), but were talking extremely marginal power differences. Factor in the brushless motor, 3 speed transmission, price, 5 year warranty, and the huge Milwaukee M18 line, and it's really a no brainer.

I use the Mac BWP050 and it's a great gun, but in your situation you really can't go wrong with the Fuel.