Milwaukee Fastback

Samuel L.

So I recently purchased a Milwaukee fastback utility knife, and here are my comments on it.

First my reason for buying a utility knife was that after working in a warehouse for 2 weeks I knew I needed one, but this one is the best utility knifes I have ever tried. One of the great things about it is you can open and close it one handed with a flick of a wrist. Also blade changing is easy. Its very sleek and feels good in your hand when opened or closed. Also I looked on it and have not been able to find a single part that is not made of metal and it looks like its meant to take one heck of a beating. It has a nice gut hook when closed and a wire stripier when opened. All in all its a great Knife at 10$ for the basic one or 20$ for one with built in blade storage.

nexus2cee_DSC05841.jpg

• Like 3

I'd like the II myself for the storage. I keep mine by my pellet stove for opening bags as well as packing material and having the extra blades right there would be nice. Also....this and my bottle opener are the ONLY two Milwaukee tools I have that haven't lost the Milwaukee logo paint or had it fade away! What the heck!!!!

• Like 1

I'd like the II myself for the storage. I keep mine by my pellet stove for opening bags as well as packing material and having the extra blades right there would be nice. Also....this and my bottle opener are the ONLY two Milwaukee tools I have that haven't lost the Milwaukee logo paint or had it fade away! What the heck!!!!

I love the fact you don't have to open it to use the gut hook makes it easy to cut the fabric webbing on boxes without whipping out the whole blade.

• 4 weeks later...

I got fastback about six or seven months ago, and thought it was pretty cool. Then after about seven months it just fell apart. The blade easily slips out when when your trying to strip wire, and now with a screw missing the frame is really loose. I put my fastback in retirement and bought myself a nice Lenox utility knife for about the same price. It feels solid and the blade doesn't slip out when it's in the extended position. Just wanted to put in dy two cents.