Makita family portrait

NERemodeling

Yeah John, that looks like a REALLY nice jigsaw. I'd really like to consider that but another battery platform....? Plus I've only got one Makita in my shop, my Magnesium Hypoid. Awesome, truly awesome saw. But alas no batteries.

haha   what are you up to now.. like 10 battery platforms?   whats another ;)   lol

Big things happening in the makita family today!!!!   ooh boy, ill just say i was visited by the ups and fedex man today and boy were they good to me :)         now let me hide all this before my wife gets home and ill get some pics up over the weekend when i have some spare time  

• Like 2

Guys, I'm alive. Luckily. The doctor said I can come back to get the stitches out in about 7 days and not to operate heavy machinery for a few because of the concussion.. she walked in as I was carrying the last box to basement. That's about the last thing I remember until I woke up in the hospital... she swears I "tripped"

Totally kidding just so that's clear :) she's sleeping on the couch next to me now. I live to buy another tool!!!!!

Here's a box pic. All I had time to manage. I also slipped in the box from the X2 rotary I posted about yesterday. This was my thursday/friday

post-49019-0-00969200-1427692653_thumb.j

• Like 1

Guys, I'm alive. Luckily. The doctor said I can come back to get the stitches out in about 7 days and not to operate heavy machinery for a few because of the concussion.. she walked in as I was carrying the last box to basement. That's about the last thing I remember until I woke up in the hospital... she swears I "tripped"

Totally kidding just so that's clear :) she's sleeping on the couch next to me now. I live to buy another tool!!!!!

Here's a box pic. All I had time to manage. I also slipped in the box from the X2 rotary I posted about yesterday. This was my thursday/friday

attachicon.gif20150220_153812.jpg

That is more money spent on tools then I care to shake a stick at.

attachicon.gif20150220_153812.jpg

Hubba hubba hubba

Good for you John! It's kind of fun but truthfully I don't know what I'm doing. I'm working on a couple right now.

Thanks man, you were my insparation!! :)

We'll see what happens. I can't think of when I'll find the time but that's probably just an excuse.. I gotta just go for it

Thanks man, you were my insparation!! :)

We'll see what happens. I can't think of when I'll find the time but that's probably just an excuse.. I gotta just go for it

Hey John, what is the link to the Canadian seller? I went on the page but forgot it!

Hey John, what is the link to the Canadian seller? I went on the page but forgot it!

I actually ended up using. www.mississaugahardware.com. I checked several sites ant they were the only one that had all 3 items that I wanted. Also I emailed the company about shipping and the guy offered me free shipping.

I got it much faster than I expected about 1 1/2 weeks

If I remember correctly the search function on the website didn't work great with the model numbers. Instead just search for things like brushless jigsaw or makita jigsaw or whatever else your looking for..

NER do you have the Makita cordless cut out tool and/or the cordless multi tool? If so what do you think of them? Looking to pick them up as bare tools one of these days. Thanks

i dont have the cut out tool..     i use makita 18v and milwaukee 12v   i ended up going with the m12 rotary tool with a dremel attachment for my cutout tool.   it was a serious contender but ultimately i use it more as a rotary tool and wanted small and light..   the makita lookes very competent from what research i did

I do have the makita cordless multitool but its the older one without tool free blade change.   

im probably not the best person to talk to about it...   with my model (this may have changed) you needed to use a blade adaptor to use fein or bosch blades which is 99% what i use.   my adapter was poorly made and didn't fit any blades very well so i just never ended up using the tool much..   

for the little use i do have on it i have nothing bad to say.  seemed like it had decent power and vibrations weren't any worse than others

I always ended up using my fein until i got the m12 multitool.. now i mostly use that because its so convenient 

i imagine that i will stick with the setup i have now until either makita 18v or milwaukee 12v does a total revamp of their multitool with a brushless motor etc....

I would be interested in knowing if the blade fitment issues i had have been addressed with the newer tool free blade change model

Thats actually very werd ner. Makita had always use the OIS interface in their multitools. Which is the standard interface on Bosch multitools/ mukti tool accessoires.

Bosch does make fein compatible blades but bosch multi tools use the exact same connection as Makita.

I think you have been buying the bosch blades with fein interface :)