Stabila Level purchase

FrosBros82

On Friday I picked up the Jamber Stabila set and carrying case. While expensive, I am pretty confident that I will not have to buy another set of levels. The set came with the 78" and 32" levels. I didn't get to mess around with the 32" one, but I did use the crap out of the 78". Seems to work pretty good, plus all the reviews I have read on it where awesome. I particularly like the lifetime warranty (just can't have a bent frame).

FB82

Good decision!

Your gonna love it.. I started with that kit and now have 9 of their levels

-- Pocket/2-torpedo/16/24/32/48/78/plate level 6'-10'

I have had to swap one of my torpedo and my 24" because they were slightly out.. the torpedo had fallen off a roof onto concrete! They swapped both right in my local tool store

My 78 definitely sees the most and hardest use and at around 5 years old, that beautie is just as accurate as the day I got her

I have been wanting a set of these. I use the true blue empires now, and never liked the beveled edge. They are accurate and have a strong magnet.

I will be picking up a 78" stabila in the future.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in the market. I was thinking about going cheap since my operation is mobile, everything is subject to more drops, impacts, and thrashing than most tools should have to endure. Then I got to looking at Empire's and I loved them, then used a buddy's and the beveled edge drove me INSANE. Tested another buddy's Johnson set (after a good number of dick jokes) and I liked it, but seemed a little too light for my taste. Fears of it twisting too much at the longer lengths. Saw they have box beam too, but they're expensive as well.

Ugh.

Empire levels are on clearance at Home Depot right now. I got the 4ft level for 22 bucks

Man, I just looked! I didn't see any levels on sale? 

Dang, apparently another trip is in order...

Empire levels are on clearance at Home Depot right now. I got the 4ft level for 22 bucks

Mine has the older 51.48 for 29 - still not a bad deal.  I think they're clearing out the old stock to make room for the E2G models.  The 48 inch E2G is still $49.

I honestly don't know what the difference is between the older series and the new E2Gs and if they're worth the $$$.  Anyone know?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a pair of 192s; the 48" and 24". Happy so far, they haven't been used extensively. The 48" 192 at work however has been used, and likely abused, extensively and is very durable. They seem like the brand to beat, and when on promotion, the price isn't too bad.

I have a Stabila torpedo, it's been good to me for the year or so I've used it. Really strong magnets, they'll find drywall screws through 2 coats of paint, primer, 3 coats of drywall mud... great little level