Paintball

DamianD

Any of you into paintballing??  I just spend a weekend up in the Pocono mountains (PA) for my bachelor party and they took me paintballing at Skirmish.  Last time I did this was maybe 14 years old?? So its been a while.  I seriously cant put into words how much fun it was.  Seriously if you havent tried it, get some buds together and go.  

The last time was with co workers like 15 years ago. It was huge for awhile used to see people post up sweet looking guns on forums all the time. I think the market kinda crashed though on that kinda stuff. I wanted to get into it but I just never happened playing Counter Strike was too much fun at the same time :)

I have done it a couple of times when I was younger. Nothing quite like getting a paint ball right on the upper lip. Whole thing went numb. That was  back when they just had you wear safety glasses. No face mask. It was fun though. Did it in the hills near San Jose CA.

I still go with some friends from work about 3 times a year.  It's really fun, but it can be extremely expensive.  They have split paintball into two categories, woodsball ( playing in the woods, more like military clothing and weapons) and tournament ( expensive guns with computers, tournament jerseys, inflatable obstacles, mostly indoor).  I use a gun ( DYE proto rail- about $500) with a automatic electric feed hopper that will feed up-to 50 balls in 3 seconds.  The gun has a chip that will let you shoot semi-auto or full auto.  They also don't use CO2 much anymore for air, it's mostly nitrogen.  Paintballs cost about $60 for a case of 2000.  That may seem like a lot, but my friends and I usually buy 4-8 cases to share when we go and play for a day.  Each of us are holding about 6 pods (160-200 balls per pod) on us and that usually goes pretty quick.  Don't let these prices discourage you if you haven't tried it or are wanting to go out for fun.  Most places that are set up for paintball have really good gear to rent and is much more affordable that way.  BTW, if anybody thinks that my gun is expensive, check out the DYE DM Matrix paintball gun and think of how many tools or maybe even a Festool you could buy.  

http://shop.dyepaintball.com/dye_am/marker-dm14-blue-polished-xx-edition.html

Played in a some tournaments and played almost every weekend about 12 yrs ago. It was a ton of fun and got very expensive. My brother is a ref at a local park and begs me to go all the time, but I'm worried I may break a leg or something and put me out of work. Kinda hard to be working on the jobsite in a cast.

• 7 years later...
On 4/28/2015 at 12:23 AM, Bryanp292 said:

I still go with some friends from work about 3 times a year.  It's really fun, but it can be extremely expensive.  They have split paintball into two categories, woodsball ( playing in the woods, more like military clothing and weapons) and tournament ( expensive guns with computers, tournament jerseys, inflatable obstacles, mostly indoor).  I use a gun ( DYE proto rail- about $500) with a automatic electric feed hopper that will feed up-to 50 balls in 3 seconds.  The gun has a chip that will let you shoot semi-auto or full auto.  They also don't use CO2 much anymore for air, it's mostly nitrogen.  Paintballs cost about $60 for a case of 2000.  That may seem like a lot, but my friends and I usually buy 4-8 cases to share when we go and play for a day.  Each of us are holding about 6 pods (160-200 balls per pod) on us and that usually goes pretty quick.  Don't let these prices discourage you if you haven't tried it or are wanting to go out for fun.  Most places that are set up for paintball have really good gear to rent and is much more affordable that way.  BTW, if anybody thinks that my gun is expensive what to wear for paintball, check out the DYE DM Matrix paintball gun and think of how many tools or maybe even a Festool you could buy.  

but I'm glad to hear that you had a great time paintballing at Skirmish in the Pocono Mountains for your bachelor party. Paintballing can be a thrilling and exciting activity that requires teamwork, strategy, and quick reflexes. It's a great way to get some exercise and spend time with friends. It's also an excellent stress reliever as you can release all your tension by shooting some paintballs. If you enjoyed it, you should definitely consider trying it again in the future or exploring other outdoor activities as well.