Milwaukee 46 in. 16-Drawer Tool Chest has anyone purchased one?

DPSElias

Some last second pics from last nite..finished puting my tools in it.. (And knives)

Nice microtech collection.... I couldn't get excited about the zombie tech line until I saw some in person now I want a zombie tech socom delta - guess I'm a little late to that boat.  Also, is that a Chris Olofson bali in the front?

Thanks for the impressions Jerry, I haven't seen one of these in the wild yet.

No problem. I've been reading here for a long time and watching TiA videos a long time. The information has been invaluable and just trying to give a little back...

Here's what I was talking about the casters lol:

I bought the Milwaukee box over Memorial day weekend. I really liked the box but after organizing my tools, there seems to not be so much room. Have to still use my Craftsman box. The center drawer was loaded with sockets and seemed to open wobley. After examination, the support on the left bottom of draw was loose and hanging down. Didn't want to load the box back on the truck, too heavy. Emailed Milwaukee, got no response, went down to Home Depot they didn't have and more toolboxes. I just JB welded the center support and put the 1/2 inch sockets in the top chest. Don't know if I would buy another box from HD again.

Ouch that sucks. That might be the first bad thing I've seen about the build of these boxes. They are so heavy and boxed up so completely that they would be a major pain to have to bring back to the store so I feel for you. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

• Like 1

If I had the money I would buy one in a heart beat I've seen them at home depot and I have watched a lot of reviews and the power strip it has in the top is awesome the only other one I would get would maybe be the kobalt one at lowes just for the fact of the built in speaker but it's kinda point less for me since I have a sound system I am putting in my shed/shop when I get it finished

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I've never had metal pegboard before this chest and while I like it the pegs seem to rattle around a little more loosely than hardboard because the metal is thinner than the usual wood obviously, still a nice gauge though. I found a solution to this and to even use thinner 1/8" peg accessories too. I bought a black vinyl coated screwdriver holder at Sears that was 1/8" and used those dishwasher repair nub things, you can get them on Amazon for like $8 per hundred, on the the tips and it snugs up the peg in the hole nicely and improves the fit and eliminates much of the rattle and movement. They even work on 1/4" pegs, albeit very tightly, and makes the 1/4" practically immovable. Those dishwasher repair tips I've used over the years for all sorts of applications, like when a small bolt's threads protrude from something and you want to make it safer etc. or even making soft feet for something made of thin wire/rod. You could do the same with plastidip but nothing beats the instant gratification of having them on hand for a quick and tidy fix. Here are some pix:

• Like 1

Weird, I was over on HD.com and was thinking of posting a review for the tool chest and I can't seem to find it on the site anymore. Is it just me or did they pull it from the site? I wonder why if they did? Maybe they sold out of the first batch?

Weird, I was over on HD.com and was thinking of posting a review for the tool chest and I can't seem to find it on the site anymore. Is it just me or did they pull it from the site? I wonder why if they did? Maybe they sold out of the first batch?

Related to this.  My buddy was at HD yesterday and wanted one of the Milwaukee boxes pretty badly.  He only could find 3 of the the lower sections and 1 complete display model.  So he asked an employee, who responded that Milwaukee has discontinued them! WHAT! They are, like you said, no longer on the HD site. On the Milwaukee site when you click "shop online" it says "No sellers found for this product" in either the US or Canada.  Everyone ive heard/read from thought these things were amazing, idk why they are discontinuing them (If that really is the case).

Has anyone heard any official statements from Milwaukee?  Maybe someone can call or email Milwaukee and get one! I'd be bummed if it were true cause I really wanted one when i get more space.

I'll hold out hope that they are just temporarily gone to release an improved version lol.

Yeah, HD had that green tag on the site that said "Special Buy" so they could have been a test marketing thing. They sold out pretty quick around here for such a big ticket item so maybe now they will improve them and streamline production to make them more inexpensive to build. They seem so much better built and chock full of features compared to the competition that Milwaukee just wants to dip their toes in the market pool. BTW they prominently feature "Batch A" on the side labels which I doubt they'd bother with if they intended to be one and done, so don't lose hope. I do wonder if they might raise the price a tad though. In any event I'm glad I hauled the top and bottom home despite the fact it took two trips and I had to unload them and set them up by myself ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a black vinyl coated screwdriver holder at Sears that was 1/8" and used those dishwasher repair nub things, you can get them on Amazon for like $8 per hundred, on the the tips and it snugs up the peg in the hole nicely and improves the fit and eliminates much of the rattle and movement.

Dishwasher Rack Tip Tine Covers  It took me a few minutes to search on amazon, but they have them in a few colors.  

yup, they sure did raise the price. by $50 on each piece if you buy it separately. it certainly seemed like too good a value when it came out. guess they've been monitoring the forums and gotten good enough feedback to raise the prices. good for them, bad for us.

They did have those special buy tags on them in the store and online. I'm not sure how much BS "special buy" really is but one of the reasons I bought mine was I wasn't sure about the future availability and or price. That and the fact that the boxes seemed too good to be true at those original price points.

I was going to buy on during the Father's Day sales, but I needed to redo the garage floor before anymore tool chests are brought in....that was the deal with the misses, kind of wish I never made that deal and just ordered it