Milwaukee 46 in. 16-Drawer Tool Chest has anyone purchased one?

DPSElias

I am looking to buy a new tool chest as mine are currently full and wouldn't mind to get one for my power tools and one for my automotive.

I've looked at the 36in DeWalt set, the 52in Husky set, and then I saw this 46in Milwaukee, too bad they are all slightly different sizes as they are not apples to apples but just looking to see if anyone has the Milwaukee chest.

I've not seen to Milwaukee box yet, but for my mostly mechanics tools, it laid out kinda funny. It would be great for more woodworking or construction-type tools. I have seen the Husky, and wasn't that impressed with the construction of it... sheet metal seemed a little thin. The DeWalt box seemed okay, once again laid out a little funny, and that hideous yellow! :) If I were looking for a ~$300-500 box, I'd be looking awfully hard at the Harbor Freight units.

Huh huh, I said units, huh huh...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw these milwaukee boxes at HD today,there really isnt anything great about them.they are cheaply made and dont really offer that much storage.

Better of with a box from HF.

You want a really well made toolbox get a Kennedy.

I'm going to wait for Memorial Day to be over to see if they go on sale like the dewalt boxes.

I personally like the auto close draws I hate the latching system on the craftsman and I believe HF has a similar system, I like the positive latching of the dewalt and this one

Man Man Man!!!! I regret so bad not picking up one of the Dewalt ones during the holidays they were as low as 3-350$ :/ these are also very nice and the price is not to bad but I'm gonna hold out to see if they get alil cheaper

fbf8ce5275c0250119fac7fcdf5dd75e.jpg

You mean these............

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bought one over the weekend, very happy with it.. Like said above its no snap on or matco or mac. Build quality is the same as dewalt and husky box but there is alot of extra details that this box has over the other two.. Soft close drawers, the laptop shelf drawer actually has detents that lock it in place.. The power tool organizer is pretty cool..the outlets are handy and the peg board seems useful... All in all very good purchase.. And worth the money. Also hanging my chargers on the side is nice saves some space from having them on the side... Post more pictures later on...

Congrats and UR lucky Frankie! I would take either brand box man they both look good.i have a snap on one at work and it's not the full box one like these but for what I spent on that I could've bought both milwaukee and Dewalt boxes and had some change left over :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got one of these 46" boxes and the attention to detail and the consistency all around is impressive for the price. Things like the fact that every screw can be hand tightened all the way to snug with little effort to the fact that they put a grommet on the inside the chest bulkhead where no one will see it, not just on the outside, for the top power cable. Also every screw and bolt is matte black to go with the red matte paint and black hardware on the box save for the casters which are chrome. The casters themselves have the really nice on/off foot toggles not to mention they weigh close to 20lbs by themselves. The boxes are also packed very well, which is great considering how heavy they are.