Sorry dewalt loves but...

torontotoolman

Honestly we are only useing this gun because we are doing bullshit.back frameing normally.we use pnuematic only but my issue is it picks and chooses when it wants to work its slow as molasses and dosent seem powerfull at all now i own a paslode and i use it for my side jobs and when that thing bangs it bangs hard!!! Now i wouldnt use it to frame a whole house but basments and out side work its great but im not impressed with the dewalt at all

I wonder if you got a defective gun. It's probably not going to be as powerful as the Paslode it's had to compete with an explosion. I'm just really surprised your having so many problems with the gun. I actually wanted to swap my Paslode for this didn't want to deal with the noise and fuel cells anymore.

See i think if your just framing here or there a little bathroom or something then sure i can see why you would think this gun is good but im frameing houses from ground up and im use to power and speed so using this thing is like rediculas for me and people always complain about paslodes and that gas but for 30$ you gets nails and a thing of gas so to me its not a big deal but this is just my opinion its like driveing a gay smart car when your usr todriveing a dogde charger lol

• Like 1

New member here. Wanted to post as well about this nail gun. Have tons of dewalt tools and wanted to try this gun out. We do mostly roofing and siding and had a roof that need resheeted. We normally use air nailers when doing this but wanted to try one of these mainly for setting boards and see if it actually works well. Well it is getting returned. Probably the worst dewalt tool i have ever used. It is slow, it jams very frequently, like every few nails, the depth setting is horrible. Even with the depth set as deep as the gun goes it leaves the nails sticking up a 1/4" when installing 7/16 osb on 2x4 framing. I cant even imagine trying to do real framing with it. Guess we will stick with pneumatic and paslode. Was really hoping this tool would work out.

• Like 1

New member here. Wanted to post as well about this nail gun. Have tons of dewalt tools and wanted to try this gun out. We do mostly roofing and siding and had a roof that need resheeted. We normally use air nailers when doing this but wanted to try one of these mainly for setting boards and see if it actually works well. Well it is getting returned. Probably the worst dewalt tool i have ever used. It is slow, it jams very frequently, like every few nails, the depth setting is horrible. Even with the depth set as deep as the gun goes it leaves the nails sticking up a 1/4" when installing 7/16 osb on 2x4 framing. I cant even imagine trying to do real framing with it. Guess we will stick with pneumatic and paslode. Was really hoping this tool would work out.

ya thats exactly right its really just not geared or ment for rappid hard.core use it cant handle it its not for the pro like i said if your frame 1 or 2 walls maybe a bathroom or something small it might.be okay but thats if your not really doing frameing all day everyday but if you are thid gun doesnt make the cut!!!!

Also one other complaint, only nails that lowes sells that fit are hitachi 33 degree nails. Not sure if its the case with other brands but you cannot fit two strips of nails, the feed mechanism will not engage so you are stuck with a worthless gun that weighs a ton and holds one strip of nails.

Also one other complaint, only nails that lowes sells that fit are hitachi 33 degree nails. Not sure if its the case with other brands but you cannot fit two strips of nails, the feed mechanism will not engage so you are stuck with a worthless gun that weighs a ton and holds one strip of nails.

Ya thats the same with the paslode tho only can hold 1 strip of nails but that is my only complaint about that gun but what you said made mw lauph hard ummm.the best bet if you dont want to reload all the time is the hitatchi coil framing.nailer or any coil framing nailer at that.ypu can bang for ever befor you need to reload

I would never try framing a house with this or a paslode. For one nail capacity a pneumatic gun will hold twice as much and shot twice as fast. I know for sure if you are shooting 3" nails and had it set for 2" it will not drive them.  

I would never try framing a house with this or a paslode. For one nail capacity a pneumatic gun will hold twice as much and shot twice as fast. I know for sure if you are shooting 3" nails and had it set for 2" it will not drive them.

Thats what.i was saying i.frame houses so when i got stuck useing. The dewalt nailer today it.just.didnt cut it but i love my paslode tho.. like i said i.wouldnt frame a house with it.but for basments or out side work its great and my.paslode has no problem sinking.nails its got crazy power behind it. I have to tone down the depth setting if im naling.2x2 or a 2x4.under 4 inchs. Or il split the.wood but the dewalt is just not.a.good.nailer in my opinion not made for the pro framer forsure
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...