Milwaukee ProPex Expansion tool. (SOLD)

RickyMcGrath

I'm thinking hard about this. as of now I'm using rings and crimping tool

Been there before. The ProPex (Type A) isn't really that much faster per fitting, but I've had my fair share of crimped fittings not seal and going back and fixing is the downside.

I also like the fact you can smooth out links with a heat gun.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You could put a paddle in the chuck and mix your paint.

Hahaha.....oh man you just made me spit up the wat we I was drink8ng. Just had this image in my head of the Milwaukee Symposium with some guy demonstrating other uses for the hole hawg. Thanks for the laughs man

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Cool tool, kind of expensive for pex pipe expander, I suppose its used after you've already crimped pex down. You can tell I know very little about plumbing but I don't care, its not my field lol. I love Milwaukee though so I know that its a quality expander, however it works. I suppose Milwaukee makes a quality PEX crimper too? Let us know how you like it. And yes, I am sure that cone shape can be put to other uses as well. ;)

It replaces the crimp tool. It's designed for TypeA PEX and fittings or often referred to as PRO PEX. You can not use this on your commonly available PEX from lowes or HD.

It replaces the crimp tool. It's designed for TypeA PEX and fittings or often referred to as PRO PEX. You can not use this on your commonly available PEX from lowes or HD.

I was under the impression that you could use the standard fittings, just not the rings, as those were what the propex tool stretches for you.

I was under the impression that you could use the standard fittings, just not the rings, as those were what the propex tool stretches for you.

You are correct. Any barbed fitting for PEX will work. It also requires a secondary sleeve made of PEX material to go in place of the crimp.

• 2 weeks later...

I always liked Wirsbo pex and the Milwaukee expansion tool I always wanted to try it out but we don't install pex here. It's only the horrible cpvc pipe or copper pipe. I think when pex first came out it was installed in new homes here and I heard it was recalled after the houses were built. But I never seen a house done in pex here so that could be why its not used today.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    trillz
    Newest Member
    trillz