Start of my workbench

RickyMcGrath

How long is that bench? What else are you going to use it for besides a router table. Nice job

8' long x 32" wide.

I'm going to build a cross cut jig for my track saw to clamp on the bench when needed.

I also have a second 8' x 32" worktop that I'm considering cutting down to 18-24" wide that will boot up when needed to rip down larger sheet goods.

The dog holes will allow for clamping when doing face frames and glue ups.

I had a local CNC shop mill the holes. I believe they're right about 3/4" diameter. That's what my drawing was if I recall, when I put a caliper to them I was getting .7325 or something like that. I may end up having to bore them out depending on what manufacturer I go with for bench dogs.

• Like 1

Looks like you have a good start on a Ron Paulk style/ Festool MFT work bench. If you haven't heard of Ron Paulk check out his Youtube videos for some great ideas.

Ron was a great inspiration for my bench. I've setup the top but not sure how I want to handle the storage underneath. I like his oval design but haven't thought that through yet. The wife needs a bunch of stuff done and I really needed the router table along with a cross cut jig.

Looking really good man, I have a similar setup.. I use several mft tables on site when I can setup for a while, just need to be able to break down and pack into a trailer when im done.. I originally cut a router plate into one of my mft tops and eventually swapped the whole top for a woodpeckers phenolic. Works really well.