Dewalt 20v Cordless Miter Saw

Hugh Jass

Finally got to visit HD today, it's been awhile and as u was walking around the Tool section I saw this lil guy looks and feels like a solid tool very light weight compared toy 780 I just wish I could've brought it home with me :} anyways here's a pic guys I should've took more sorry guys.

Finally got to visit HD today, it's been awhile and as u was walking around the Tool section I saw this lil guy looks and feels like a solid tool very light weight compared toy 780 I just wish I could've brought it home with me :} anyways here's a pic guys I should've took more sorry guys.

Man I really want one of those. I can't really justify having two miter saws but I think that cordless would be nice to have.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Man I really want one of those. I can't really justify having two miter saws but I think that cordless would be nice to have.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

. Dude kruton same here man it's just hard to walk away when it's sitting right in front of u lol! If I had the money that baby would've been coming with me ;)

I know that you guys are talking about the 20V miter saw, but I was wondering if anyone here has the 715? Lowes has it for $199 and I was thinking of picking one up.I'll only be using it around the house such as building a deck and work bench for example.

. Looks like a good one William the only thing I can see is that if u want a laser or led attachment ur gonna wanna go with the 715 type 2 cus the newer type 3 doesn't. Good luck on ur purchase and remember to show off some pics when u buy it.

. Looks like a good one William the only thing I can see is that if u want a laser or led attachment ur gonna wanna go with the 715 type 2 cus the newer type 3 doesn't. Good luck on ur purchase and remember to show off some pics when u buy it.

ok thanks, I will buy one soon, but I just bought the dewalt vac, recip saw, and the multi tool so I think its going to be the next sell lol.

ok thanks, I will buy one soon, but I just bought the dewalt vac, recip saw, and the multi tool so I think its going to be the next sell lol.

. Lol nice!!! William make sure u post some pics in the show off your dewalt thread bro we all love to look at new tools ;)

. Lol nice!!! William make sure u post some pics in the show off your dewalt thread bro we all love to look at new tools ;)

Will do! BTW i'm not only new here but I am new to cordless tools! I'm just starting to get into tools and woodworking so I'm taking it all in and may be overdoing it with the new toys lol. Oh and I just got the DCK296M2 kit and love it! Now what to get next, maybe the blower? Not sure if I should get the 40 or 20V though.

• Like 1

Will do! BTW i'm not only new here but I am new to cordless tools! I'm just starting to get into tools and woodworking so I'm taking it all in and may be overdoing it with the new toys lol. Oh and I just got the DCK296M2 kit and love it! Now what to get next, maybe the blower? Not sure if I should get the 40 or 20V though.

. Dude you have really picked up some nice tools there and ur off to a great start! What to buy next is a hard one to answer man there's so many tools to buy out there :} but if ur wondering on which blower to buy 20v or 40v? I haven't tried the 40v blower but I do have the 20v and it's awesome plus the price for the 5.0 battery,charger and blower for $199 is hard to beat it does a really great job IMO. Run time is awesome for being a blower!

. Dude you have really picked up some nice tools there and ur off to a great start! What to buy next is a hard one to answer man there's so many tools to buy out there :} but if ur wondering on which blower to buy 20v or 40v? I haven't tried the 40v blower but I do have the 20v and it's awesome plus the price for the 5.0 battery,charger and blower for $199 is hard to beat it does a really great job IMO. Run time is awesome for being a blower!

thanks for the tip. I wish I bought a 40V 'when they had a free 40v 4.0ah battery with it but for the price the 20v is hard to beat.  especially with that 5.0 battery that I would love to have .

Had time to test out the saw yesterday afternoon. I approve, easy to handle, cut even PT without much effort with the stock blade (40T ATB). That thing will be in the trash shortly for a Diablo. 

Not crazy about not having a switch for the light. The button is too difficult to push to really be useable. Not my favorite, and LED doesn't consume enough energy to not have a normal switch. Would have made more sense to have a sensor on the arm hinge so you could activate the light by pulling down on the handle without running the blade. Just don't get the design choice there.

Overall this will be great with small quick cuts or with framing, slices through 2x4 way faster than my Dewalt 20v cordless hand saw.

Had time to test out the saw yesterday afternoon. I approve, easy to handle, cut even PT without much effort with the stock blade (40T ATB). That thing will be in the trash shortly for a Diablo. 

Not crazy about not having a switch for the light. The button is too difficult to push to really be useable. Not my favorite, and LED doesn't consume enough energy to not have a normal switch. Would have made more sense to have a sensor on the arm hinge so you could activate the light by pulling down on the handle without running the blade. Just don't get the design choice there.

Overall this will be great with small quick cuts or with framing, slices through 2x4 way faster than my Dewalt 20v cordless hand saw.

How do you like your Dewalt circular saw? I was wondering if now is the right time to pull the trigger or wait for a possible brushless model. Though I have heard that Dewalt isn't all that interested in making BL saws . Not sure if that's true or not , I mean I can't imagine the downside to making one of the most power hungry tools BL.

How do you like your Dewalt circular saw? I was wondering if now is the right time to pull the trigger or wait for a possible brushless model. Though I have heard that Dewalt isn't all that interested in making BL saws . Not sure if that's true or not , I mean I can't imagine the downside to making one of the most power hungry tools BL.

An update is coming in the not too far future which I'm kind of assuming will be with the motor that is now on this cordless miter saw, talks of more power and RPM speed. Honestly I've used mine to do jobs that are a bit hard to believe it accomplished, you just have to take it a little slower than I'd like, which can result in burning of the wood and reduced saw blade life. Blade speed is key and it slows down a lot with little resistance which is my only complaint. I believe the motor in this miter is the answer. 

That said once the update is coming we should see a reduced price on the outgoing model, either choice at that point is a good buy. 

An update is coming in the not too far future which I'm kind of assuming will be with the motor that is now on this cordless miter saw, talks of more power and RPM speed. Honestly I've used mine to do jobs that are a bit hard to believe it accomplished, you just have to take it a little slower than I'd like, which can result in burning of the wood and reduced saw blade life. Blade speed is key and it slows down a lot with little resistance which is my only complaint. I believe the motor in this miter is the answer. 

That said once the update is coming we should see a reduced price on the outgoing model, either choice at that point is a good buy. 

The price is a little high

Got the 20V max blower at lowes for $179 (they are marked as clearance already).  oh and I posted some pics in the show off your tools section. I ended up getting the Circular saw instead of a miter saw since it will be good enough for my present needs. I need to stop buying tools lol.

• Like 1

Got the 20V max blower at lowes for $179 (they are marked as clearance already).  oh and I posted some pics in the show off your tools section. I ended up getting the Circular saw instead of a miter saw since it will be good enough for my present needs. I need to stop buying tools lol.

If it goes lower that is a steal of a Deal the 5.0ah battery is worth about 100 bucks.

I wouldn't mind getting some of the new 5.0 and 9.0 ah batteries from Milwaukee!!

the 6.0 and 9.0 batteries are delayed until 2016 I hear. I'm eager to see what the runtime on that 9.0 battery is going to be. I may lean towards Dewalt but I love when any company makes these advances in tech, keep pushing the boundaries!

Got the 20V max blower at lowes for $179 (they are marked as clearance already). oh and I posted some pics in the show off your tools section. I ended up getting the Circular saw instead of a miter saw since it will be good enough for my present needs. I need to stop buying tools lol.

. Wow clearance already!! That's good man and that circular saw is great I have it and it's been through a lot very comfortable to use. Once again congrats man!!