New cordless M18 planer spotted

Mattias Blomqvist

It looks to be very closely modeled on the bosch, but with a beefier base plate (my main gripe with the bosch).

should be awesome. I don't much like the look of it though, I think that Milwaukee red doesn't look as good in big slabs, needs more black or something... (same goes for Dewalts electric planers all in yellow)

• Like 1

It looks to be very closely modeled on the bosch, but with a beefier base plate (my main gripe with the bosch).

should be awesome. I don't much like the look of it though, I think that Milwaukee red doesn't look as good in big slabs, needs more black or something... (same goes for Dewalts electric planers all in yellow)

Glad I'm not the only one who gets in a tiff over color schemes.

How awesome would Dewalt tools look if you flipped the scheme to make them black tools with yellow accents?

• Like 1

I feel the same way, I hate how much red Milwaukee uses. Red plastic just looks a little cheap on the large scale.

THANK YOU Eric!!!!! Been my biggest complaint and why my lineup is so small. I think it's great that they are dominating specific trades but for Pete Sake there are these guys called woodworkers out there. I've moved to several platforms to get what I need. Makita has some great woodworking tools out there. I'd love to see team red start doing the same.

• 7 months later...

got the M18 planer yesterday. Put it right to work shaving down some doors that were sticking. Seems really good! I used my little shop vac for dust collection and it didn't drop a single shaving. It would be really nice to use for half-lap joints, but in most woods its not going to get thick enough before the motor housing gets in the way and won't let you cut any deeper.