Tool nut from Virginia

Chris

Hey fella's, I'm Chris from Virginia.

I stumbled upon Tools in Action while surfing Youtube and looking at different tool reviews. At first, wasn't really sure, more I watched I liked watching the channel. I find it not only an informative channel but very entertaining as well. Can really tell it's a channel by guys for guys, I guess you could say.

I do work in the trades, I'm a Shipfitter which basically means I fabricate anything and everything on a ship that's made out of a steel, aluminum, etc. and isn't machined. Though I do build some things that are machined after they are welded.

Purchased my first house a little over 3 years ago, it's been an ongoing project ever since. My wife and I are always working on something in the house to bring it up to date. If I am not working on the house I'm working on a car, being a shade tree mechanic is probably my biggest hobby. I really love working with tools and bringing structures and machines to life. I will have to post some pictures of some of our projects soon.

Hope to learn from some of you guys, maybe spread some of my knowledge out there as well.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard fellow Tool junkie/Chris glad to have U on the crew this place is really awesome UR gonna love it. I myself love doing a lil mechanic work my gramps used to be the neighorhood mechanic and taught me a lot I mostly work painting and doing body work at a collision and repair shop, love being around tools and cars for a living.

Thank you all, I appreciate the warm welcome!

Welcome to the crew Chris! I feel the same way as you do about tools, love working with them, and one tool is just never enough. I am no welder by any means though so I usually stick to working with wood if I need to build a drawer, shelf, box, table etc. So what kind of ships you work on, the big civi cruizers, freight ships, or do you do work primarily for the Navy?

I am actually a Navy civilian, so I work exclusively on Navy warships.

Chris! Welcome to the forum! Your just the guy I was hoping to meet on the forum. I made a post awhile back if there were any Shipfitter's in here. There may be an apprenticeship program opening up in Pearl Harbor and I was thinking of becoming a shipfitter. Anyways, I'm glad your part of the tia crew. Take care

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Chris! Welcome to the forum! Your just the guy I was hoping to meet on the forum. I made a post awhile back if there were any Shipfitter's in here. There may be an apprenticeship program opening up in Pearl Harbor and I was thinking of becoming a shipfitter. Anyways, I'm glad your part of the tia crew. Take care

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Well if you need any information let me know, more then happy to help.

Thats awesome dude! I have a father and a brother who both served in the Navy. My dad served on a Navy Destroyer during the Korean war, ship number 760. And my brother served on two different Navy Submarines, ship numbers, 579 and N611. I thank you for your service to this country, its people like you that keep us safe.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...