What's your take on the Milwaukee M18 2630 Circular Saw?

bothuhead19

Bothuhead: Do you have a more specific intended use for the saw, or are you looking for general purpose?

As hardcore tool guys we tend to get hung up on high end stuff, but in reality the saw you're looking at is a great project saw. It's not going to make you wanna sell your corded saw, but in all honesty it's probably sufficient for your needs.

I'm an average DIY'er and won't turn to it everyday for pro use or anything.  I love top of the line stuff but sometimes I can't find enough work to justify it.  Ultimately I want a cordless that will last a while since I hate being bound by a cord.

I would like to get the 2731 because I have no doubt that it would be quite the performer. The problem is, I don't do wood working for money, so I can't justify the purchase for the very little use that it will get. Plus, I don't like it when some of these cordless tools cost 200 dollars or more for just the bare tool, thats crazy in my opinion.

Yeah it's a little steep, I'd have to keep real busy to justify it.

It's going for $99 at my local HD right now.

Bothuhead, $99 bucks is a good deal. As a comparison, the Ryobi is around $69. So for $30 bucks more, you will have a very nice cordless Milwaukee Saw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I'm an average DIY'er and won't turn to it everyday for pro use or anything. I love top of the line stuff but sometimes I can't find enough work to justify it. Ultimately I want a cordless that will last a while since I hate being bound by a cord.

In that case, I'd jump on the pre-fuel model. It isn't going to wow you, but it's a capable rig for your intended use

• Like 2

I was thinking about adding this saw to my M18 line since I love cordless convenience but I honestly don't know too much about the longevity of cordless saws.  If anyone has any feedback regarding this saw or any cordless saw for that matter, it would help me very much.  Thanks!

I like the 6.5 better than the 7.25 only because line of site.  The 6.5 has plenty of power

• Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback guys!  I really wanted the 2731 for sure but after crunching numbers trying to justify that purchase, I just couldn't pull the trigger.  I ended up going with the $99 2630 instead.   I'll post up some pics of her on a job real soon.  Once again, thanks guys for all the feedback!

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I really wanted the 2731 for sure but after crunching numbers trying to justify that purchase, I just couldn't pull the trigger. I ended up going with the $99 2630 instead. I'll post up some pics of her on a job real soon. Once again, thanks guys for all the feedback!

Congrats! Let us know what you think about it. I saw them still marked at $99 dollars at my local HD today.