Made in USA beat down

Carlos Osorio

Huh...mine didn't ship with a USA sticker. I was under the impression they just opened the plant, no? Find it hard to believe this guy bought a 4 year old drill to review with that was in brand new packaging with what looks like an updated charger? 

The confusion is real. 

Dewalt never stopped making the DCD780/785. Only some of the inventory is made in the USA other production is still over seas.

Oh ok. Still thought that with incremental updates the older versions were phased out. Can't even believe they're still making the original batteries when we're enjoying XR and fuel gauge for some time now. 

Dewalt started building the DCD780C2 and DCD785C2 in the USA back in early 2014 maybe even late 2013. The 780 and 785 drills still come with the 1.5 ah batteries, they do not come with the battery charge indicator. The only 1.5 ah batteries you'll find with a battery indicator are ones you buy separate off the shelf (DCB201). All other 20v batteries (2, 3, 4, & 5 Amp Hour) come with battery charge indicators. Hope that makes sense. 

This dude seems pretty smart but has a huge chip on his shoulder that is for sure.

I think if I hung out with this guy longer than 2 minutes I would probably throat punch him.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk