M18 fuel impact driver clearances at HD $58.03

austinthecity

Thanks to Shuutr, I was able to efficiently use the HD terminal. I keep seeing these deals thinking, "this will never happen to me.." But tonight I got lucky!

Saw the 2653-22ct impact driver compact battery kit clearances for $58.03 on the computer. It said they had 3 on hand. Found (with an employee's help) two in the rafters and he said the third must have been a display.

Bought both of them. $229.00 regular on HD and 239 on Amazon.

No signage. Would have never found them without the computer. Thanks Shuutr!

Thanks to Shuutr, I was able to efficiently use the HD terminal. I keep seeing these deals thinking, "this will never happen to me.." But tonight I got lucky!

Saw the 2653-22ct impact driver compact battery kit clearances for $58.03 on the computer. It said they had 3 on hand. Found (with an employee's help) two in the rafters and he said the third must have been a display.

Bought both of them. $229.00 regular on HD and 239 on Amazon.

No signage. Would have never found them without the computer. Thanks Shuutr!

I have been to nine HD looking for one. There are none to be had around here. I found one where someone had swapped out a brushed impact in the place of the fuel and stole one of the batteries. I bought it anyway. Then at another store where someone had put the display impact in a m12 bag. I bought it too. Now after spending $120 I have a partial kit with a scratched up impact. I'm still happy to have it for that but I would have loved to of found one complete in the box.

You got really lucky if you found two nice ones in one store.

Do you use the computer and search for specific items or is there are clearance section. How does it work?

Use the price check. Type the brand. Refine results. Click clearance. Click return to results.

In my experience the best deals ended in .03 (or .06). Most had 0 in stock though. The impacts were up in the rafters though.

now that is what I call Extreme Tool Shopping.... awesome find! we should start a reality show on the DIY network Super Tool Deals.....a couple guys drive around the country looking for Tool deals kinda like American pickers .....

now that is what I call Extreme Tool Shopping.... awesome find! we should start a reality show on the DIY network Super Tool Deals.....a couple guys drive around the country looking for Tool deals kinda like American pickers .....

When does the show start I will watch it..lol

i would soooooo watch that. i'm an extreme tool shopper for sure. you can find some real gems if you take the time to dig!

Now is a tough time. The really good time was March to May when all the "special deal" packaged stuff from the holidays started getting cleared out in favor or routinely stocked sets. All the stuff with bigger batteries or extra tools went through a clearance phase and now they are all gone. There will be something similar when new lineups are introduced and just before holiday specials show up again.

Maybe I'm not digging in the right place because I can't find anything out here :/

yeah, i checked my store today and there was absolutely nothing worth buying that was marked down. it's crazy how much pricing can vary from place to place. i tried my best to work through the price check tool at the contractor desk, but the whole time i felt like i was being watched and doing something wrong! regardless, only 300ish items showed up on clearance, which seems hard to believe for that size store. wouldve thought there would be much more. i'll keep working at it and figure it out.

Maybe I missed something, how are you finding these deals? Website or an Ap??

You have to drive to each store and check the prices. Each store operates independently setting mark down prices. I racked up over 200 miles last Saturday driving between stores. I found a few smaller items, but it's debatable if it was worth the gas and time. I was really hoping to find one of the fuel kits new in the box. No luck. When I talked to a couple of the employees they said one person came through and cleaned out there inventory the day of the mark downs. So many people hunt down this stuff to sell on Craigslist and eBay it's really hard to find anything.

If anyone lives in central NC I can save you a lot of time, I have checked and none of the stores in this area have the impact.

Where is this terminal? Are they up by the pro desk? I go into HD pretty regularly and would love to find better deals

yes, the terminal for the customers at my closest store is setup at the pro desk. we have a couple of freestanding stations that are clearly meant for the employees, but another one setup that faces out for the customers. i used it for the first time yesterday and didn't find any deals at my store, but better luck to you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    aayushijain873
    Newest Member
    aayushijain873