Air hose fittings

kruton

I just upgraded all my air hoses to flexzilla and it got me thinking that I probably should upgrade my fittings and couplers. The ones I have always used were just cheap ones, but they were always leaking. So what is everyone here using and what do you recommend?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I too switched to flexzilla hose for my air and garden hose. They are awesome!!!

As far as connectors go I bought the ColorConnex kit from menards. They are great. I had enough to hook up 100' of hose on a reel and put some male adapters on a couple air tools.

I like to have as many connection options as I can for any one tool.19f58d882e5cbb7cb28e884b6f351ff2.jpg

Ok I am just joking and I don't really use that many different couplers at once. I just found some ColorConnex at lunch so I thought I would try them. I just stuck several of them together and thought it would be funny to post it here. I figure surely somebody will chime in and tell me that is not how to hook up air tools!

• Like 1

I like to have as many connection options as I can for any one tool.19f58d882e5cbb7cb28e884b6f351ff2.jpg

Ok I am just joking and I don't really use that many different couplers at once. I just found some ColorConnex at lunch so I thought I would try them. I just stuck several of them together and thought it would be funny to post it here. I figure surely somebody will chime in and tell me that is not how to hook up air tools!

That will work if your a smidge short on the air hose LOL

• Like 1

Have some good experience with CEJN fittings. I use their eSafe couplings with streamline hose connection. They have a 2-stage disconnection system that avoids the hose to be thrown out under pressure. On the tools I have swivel fittings from Rectus, but unfortunately they seem to be discontinued as I am unable to locate them.

products_subgroups_image-245D.jpg

70393-l_hsp1414ms.jpg

i use easy connect fittings for my females and for the males on tools i have swivel heads.

I grabbed a few of the ColorConnex by legacy but would like to get a few of the swivel connectors. Do they leak for you at all?

I grabbed a few of the ColorConnex by legacy but would like to get a few of the swivel connectors. Do they leak for you at all?

if you buy cheap ones then yes they leak. i bought ones from Lowes and so far so good but i have had them in since May 2015 under heavy use so we will see how long they last.

Kruton, if there is one thing we have in common with woman, its our love for buying shit. If it aint tools, then its electronics. We love our tools and gadgets, and our woman. And if all else fails, we can shoot at targets at the gun range lol

Are you sure we weren't separated at birth! What kind of guns do you have?

I have just been buying random couplers when I see them and trying them out since I don't know what brands are good.

i feel the same way its a lot of trial and error. but i bought the kobalt swivels and they so far are holding up after 3 months.

i feel the same way its a lot of trial and error. but i bought the kobalt swivels and they so far are holding up after 3 months.

That one of the nice things about this forum. It helps take a little bit of the trial and error out of things for people looking to buy something.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I pick up two theses from Amazon and they fit all 5 air hose fittings.Industrial, ARO, Automotive, Lincoln, and Euro (Megaflow) Plus it's super easy to take off and on.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=coilhose+5-in-1+coupler&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Acoilhose+5-in-1+coupler

What do you think of them Mondo?

• Like 1

What do you think of them Mondo?

I like it so far. I recently switched to euro fitting but also still use the automotive so I can still use them both with out changing all of my current fittings. Plus having the pressure release feature make it a lot easier switching tools. I've only had it few weeks so we'll see how it holds up. Definitely want a flexzilla hose next.

• 3 weeks later...