Starting to take shape...

Moxy

Welcome to the forum Moxy. I can't wait to get my shop back in order. Yours looks pretty sweet dude!

Thanks - I'll have to take a picture of it once the other side is done lol.  (That is a deceptive picture with just that one corner.)  Also, feel free send all  your "used up" festool tools to me... you know the ones you don't want anymore cause the green isn't quite as vibrant as it used to be.  ;D 

Looks good,. Nice heavy bag you have hanging there!

I have my weight bench on the other side - of the garage you can see the olympic bar sticking out past the bag in the background - The bad news is they have been covered with boxes too so I'm just now getting to where I can use them agian! :)

Nice set up moxy can't wait to c more pics man!

They're coming - Right now I'm building a farmhouse bed for our anniversary so shop clean up has slowed down but it's still in the works!

Nice setup Moxy, but what is all that open space in front of your bench? Oh yeah its called a floor! I don't think I have seen my shop floor in about 6 months!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

lol -  I know what you mean.   Now that I can see mine again I can't stop sweeping it.

Is that the "Sam's Club" work bench? Looks like the one got there a few years ago. Nice job.

I don't know if it is from Sam's or not - I bought it at a moving sale for $20  Whatever it is I like it.  Nice adjustable feet on the bottom, decently sturdy, and worth the $20 just for the nice wood top in my opinion.

Id love a bigger shop my tiny 64sq foot shop is getting cramped.

I worked out of a tiny apartment storage area for about 4 years so I'm loving the space but I understand your small footprint pain.  I found that If I built up it worked pretty well.  I had just about all my tools hanging from the joists above me and used most of the space for my workbench (which was considerably smaller). The walls fo the storage space were covered so almost nothing was on my workspace.  In a small space I also found it was helpful to have just a plain flat table top that I could carry outside and set across some saw horses to give me a much larger work area when I was building something.  The one I used was just a bunch of boards pocked hole joined to make a bout a 4ft x 6ft table top.  The goog thing about that is it stores flat against a wall and takes up very little space  In fact - I still have the table top and use it frequently as kind of a staging area and a second workbench.

• Like 1

looks great! what kind of tools do you have, i saw the milwaukee bag?

Mostly Bosch for power tools and Milwaukee is starting to "bleed" (get it? - cause it's red...) into my lineup, but I use hand tools quite often too.  You know, know that I think about it, I say mostly Bosch, but I have a pretty good variety.  Bosch, Milwaukee, DeWalt, Porter Cable, Craftsman, Ridgid, - heck, I even have some old school Black and Decker, and Skill.  My Lawnmower and string trimmer are even Ryobi.  You can just see some DeWalt and Craftsman in the right hand corner on the shelving.  If i were to go to the store and buy all new tools though, I think it would be mostly Bosch and Milwaukee with a pop of Festool in there for fun.

• Like 1

Mostly Bosch for power tools and Milwaukee is starting to "bleed" (get it? - cause it's red...) into my lineup, but I use hand tools quite often too.  You know, know that I think about it, I say mostly Bosch, but I have a pretty good variety.  Bosch, Milwaukee, DeWalt, Porter Cable, Craftsman, Ridgid, - heck, I even have some old school Black and Decker, and Skill.  My Lawnmower and string trimmer are even Ryobi.  You can just see some DeWalt and Craftsman in the right hand corner on the shelving.  If i were to go to the store and buy all new tools though, I think it would be mostly Bosch and Milwaukee with a pop of Festool in there for fun.

let it bleed my friend let it bleed!! lol but milwaukee is great for cordless.