Cleaning the inside of your car

PeteW

Unfortunately we can't wash our cars.....were in a big time drought (California) and under a 25% mandatory cutback on water usage so our only option is to take our rides to the car wash where they do a suck ass job so haven't been in the mood to just clean the inside. I like the Lexol and Mothers products and the micro fiber towels too.....

A shop vac on the floors/Seats when it gets bad. If ime in a good mood I will even wipe down everything with a wet rag. Don't really polish anything.

As far as washing the whole outside that doesn't really happen. I go over the windows an headlights/tailights at the gas station with the water an squeegee there.

Girlfriend always complains my truck is dirty inside. I joke that the only time I ever got her in it was when she had a few to many drinks an couldn't drive home from a friends house.

Unfortunately we can't wash our cars.....were in a big time drought (California) and under a 25% mandatory cutback on water usage so our only option is to take our rides to the car wash where they do a suck ass job so haven't been in the mood to just clean the inside. I like the Lexol and Mothers products and the micro fiber towels too.....

that's crazy that drought seems awful this year... i kinda want to wash my car but i figure what's the point i go jobsite to jobsite every week so my car is covered in dust but i like it that way!!

Were on our fourth year of drought conditions and its one if not the worst I've ever seen.....and to top it off were having major fires up and down CA, north of us there is a fire that's burnt about 120 sq. miles and still burning, just insane!! There forcasting us having a El Nino type winter, good in one way because we need the water but the flooding that occures from a whole lot of rain in a short periond just makes for a terrible winter for many people. Anyway I say go buy more tools and enjoy life ::)

• Like 1

These are the products I use they're from the same place that provides the shop with all our buffing compounds/buffer pads and cleaning supply's. The pink soap is for washing the car that stuff is awesome one lil blob of it and it last for my whole truck the white one is tire armoral that stuff also last a long freakin time the little grey bottle is leather conditioner but I use it to clean the door panels and all plastic in the inside plus it smells great.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of Megulars professional detailer products. I use the Megulars d101 all purpose cleaner mixed 10-1 on leather cloth headliner arm rest and door panels. Nothing works better in my opinion. Use the M12 vac to clean the crevices on seat. If that dose not work use a stiff brush or compressed air will get the job done. Spray and agitate Megulars cleaner and wipe clean Then you can use any leather conditioner to finish the job.

• Like 1

Detailers Pride for the dash, door panels, etc. And Lexol leather cleaner and conditioner for the seats and steering wheel. Doesnt leave that super shinny and greasy left over feel.

Have to disagree on the Lexol cleaner is garbage. The "ph balance " dose nothing to clean mild to moderate dirt on leather. But I do like their conditioner.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I used to use Meguairs stuff for my cars but recently switched to an Australian car care company that make kickass products. They're called Bowden's Own, and IMO their stuff is better than anything from Megs that I've used and the price is similar, but I'm supporting jobs in my country and I just like the products more.

The names they come up with for their products are hilarious too. Super Aussie.

At the moment I've got their Auto Body Gel, Auto Body Wax, Auto Body Cleanser, Wheely Clean, Tyre Sheen, Leather Love, Leather Guard, Naked Glass, Vinyl Care and Fabra Cadabra (lol what a name!) as well as lots of microfibre towels and applicator pads for interior and exterior.

Some other stuff they make with funny names include:

Bugger Off bug remover

The Drop Bear microfibre cloth

Agent Orange degreaser

Snow Job snow foam cleaner

Fully Slick detailer spray

Big Softie microfibre towels

Muffy Sponge

Super Bloody Huge Chamois

Dirty Deeds black microfibre towels

Their stuff is good, but like even if it wasn't I'd buy it just because the names are hilarious. And it's pretty cool when you call their freecall number and the owner of the company answers!