Crew Dan requested article so I though I give it a try is this Tools in Action Worthy

suretyler97

This is an extended review of my Red Wing work boots model number ASTMF 24-13-1, which I have owned for three plus years and they are still going strong. Don't let the price of Red Wing boots fool you they are worth every cent. Red Wings are in my opinion the Cadillac of Work Boots.

My experience has been nothing but positive from there friendly staff to their wonderful made in America product. It all started when I wanted a pair of quality boots after starting in the electrical trade at my vocational school. My father who's been a long time contractor recommended I buy a pair of Red Wings to replace my Timberlands. And after Christmas with some money in my hand I took a trip to there store in search for the perfect boot. The staff was very helpful when I enter from measuring my foot and helping narrow my selection down based on my wants and needs. I finally came across the perfect pair a 6in steel toe with slip resistance and made in America, and purchased them with a smile on my face. The next day I went to school wearing my brand new boots to shop and was relieved as they supported me better through the day making me work harder. A happy worker is a productive worker but there is one issue that people should know.

The issues is this boots will wear and require maintenance like anything else. They sell a boot oil made from all natural beeswax that when applied makes the leather like new. Second you want to clean any debris, dirt and dust from the leather before applying the product. I clean my weekly and they have kept mine lookin pretty much new. You just gotta put in the effort and you will be satisfied with the results.

I live in New England and have worn these Boot from the hot summers to the savage winters. They have never let me down and have provided adequate protection from the elements. No challenge has proven too tough for them in my experience. I payed around 230 for them and having them for 3 years that only 21 cents a day and it's only getting cheaper. My fellow colleagues have gone through around 2 to three pairs of there brand. So I can say I think I made the better investment. I done everything for. Being on ladder running Emt to digging a trench to install power in a building.

Red Wing is a long established shoe company that's time tested and worn by many tradesman across the world. They offer many services for people that buy from an authorized dealer such as free lances in any visit to a store. For a nominal fee you can have your boot resoled, which, adds longevity to the lifespan. There staff are friendly and are more than willing to help you find the products that will work to add a whole new life to your boots. They also sell replacement sole as they are the first thing to wear out in the boot, at a varied of price points.

Finally, these boots are worth every penny and if you want a quality American made pair of boots I recommend purchasing a pair. Only if you're willing to protect your investment through some basic maintenance. Below are some picture of my boots currently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a pair of steel towed water proof Red Wing work boots. The only problem I have is that the boots go through laces every year, even if they are high quality kevlar laces. BTW, I wished more people would write reviews like you and me, there is nothing I hate more when somebody doesn't truly review the product, and posts short 2 sentence to one paragraph reviews.

Dan said if the article is good he put it on tools in action how is it man

Excellent write up Tyler! I also have a pair of redwing boots and they have served me through the harsh winter last year and all of this summer. When they wear out I will go out and but another pair of them.

If you do the maitnance they last a lifetime

I hate writing mainly because I never know how to start it off. Once I start it off I do fine though.

I have had issues ever since my English teacher failed me and said in front of the class it's the worst paper I ever read and the class laughed at me

Don't listen to them Tyler, you are badass, its why we became friends. Keep your chin up and write wear them boots in pride, and write like you mean it. Lifes too short to be afraid of what other people think.

Thanks man I means a lot and you gave me a great thing today confidence

• Like 2