Makita vs fuel again

torontotoolman

Now I happen to like my Makita tools. A lot. Buuuuuuuut.....these videos are extremely open to interpretation. I have no doubt the Makita would smoke the Fuel based on the specs put out for the new gun over the Fuel and it is clearly way more compact but when I watch these videos I am always hesitant to make a call. Same guy; gun in each arm, SAME pressure....I recall some really lopsided "Tests" being posted by Team Yellow, Team Red and Team Teal. They were kind of offensive and caused a lot of heated debates here. Remember that dumb as$ Makita EXPERT guy from California. I'd love to see Eric and Dan put these two guns to the test and throw in the IDH182 and the Dewalt XR too. Again, that Makita is a rocket ship but a real test would be awesome to see!

Cool video too Toronto. Love the new colors Makita is putting out and I'd love to give that gun a try. I remember having the M18 Fuel impact and I never quite liked it. Big, grip was to thick. But it was a powerhouse. For the record, I'd put my money on the Makita or my Bosch IDH182 though!

• Like 2

Now I happen to like my Makita tools. A lot. Buuuuuuuut.....these videos are extremely open to interpretation. I have no doubt the Makita would smoke the Fuel based on the specs put out for the new gun over the Fuel and it is clearly way more compact but when I watch these videos I am always hesitant to make a call. Same guy; gun in each arm, SAME pressure....I recall some really lopsided "Tests" being posted by Team Yellow, Team Red and Team Teal. They were kind of offensive and caused a lot of heated debates here. Remember that dumb as$ Makita EXPERT guy from California. I'd love to see Eric and Dan put these two guns to the test and throw in the IDH182 and the Dewalt XR too. Again, that Makita is a rocket ship but a real test would be awesome to see!

Cool video too Toronto. Love the new colors Makita is putting out and I'd love to give that gun a try. I remember having the M18 Fuel impact and I never quite liked it. Big, grip was to thick. But it was a powerhouse. For the record, I'd put my money on the Makita or my Bosch IDH182 though!

right on. odd that the tool on the right always wins these quick comparisons.

I think the only impact to stand a chance against the Makita would be the upcoming fuel 2.0

No point in testing the ' old' fuel imo

I think Gen1 FUEL and Makita's previous 3 speed, brushless unit are very comparable. WIll be interesting to see if Gen 2 FUEL keeps up with Makita's tiny demon.

I think Gen1 FUEL and Makita's previous 3 speed, brushless unit are very comparable. WIll be interesting to see if Gen 2 FUEL keeps up with Makita's tiny demon.

I feel the gen 2 will give makita a run for its money but then its only a matter of time until makita comes out on top again but i mean we already knowbthe gen 2 fuel impact isnt as compact as the makitas little beast we will see when it comes to power but i mean everybody knows about fuel but nobody really knows about makitas high end stuff

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

b3bd8db6bab316260300b52b08396d75.jpg this is it messured out beside the new gen 2 fuel so you can imagin beside the old fuel impact

Nice shot, could've just been the angle of the vid.  Both are super compact and would make anyone happy!  I've always liked Makita's fit and finish on their impacts.  Lovin' that FUEL too.

Nice shot, could've just been the angle of the vid. Both are super compact and would make anyone happy! I've always liked Makita's fit and finish on their impacts. Lovin' that FUEL too.

Well in the pic is the new fuel impact in this vid is the older one so the older fuel is bigger milwaukee slimed down the impact but the makita is just a little bit more compact but from the look they are very similar in looks

Well in the pic is the new fuel impact in this vid is the older one so the older fuel is bigger milwaukee slimed down the impact but the makita is just a little bit more compact but from the look they are very similar in looks

And by looks i mean shap n size

That's the one nice thing about the One key system Milwaukee can push new firmware that might be able to bump up the spec's down the road. I think the One key tools are just the Gen2 fuel with added features.

Ya forsure if you could bump up the torque and speed to surpass the specs that woild be pretty cool i will admit