Anyone ever used Campbell Hausfeld tools?

hathatyl

Just wondering.  I know they're a cheaper brand, but are they only good as paper weights or are they hidden gems?

only reason i ask is cause i was shopping the "hot new releases" section on amazon and saw this

http://www.amazon.com/Campbell-Hausfeld-NF349099AV-Cordless-Lithium-Ion/dp/B010P7ISAG/ref=zg_bsnr_551236_1

I have used a couple of their smaller air nailers. I didn't have any complaints. That being said I just borrowed them for a job so I don't have extensive time with them. For the price I would have to say it's worth a try.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I had a Campbell Hausfeld 6 gallon pancake compressor for awhile.  I actually like it a little more than my Porter Cable 6 gallon pancake.  It ran more quiet though it took a little longer to refill.  But it always started up and worked fine, even had it running a roofing nailer for a church project.  I can't say too much about any of their guns but they seem to be a decent value brand.  I'm curious to see how your new nailer will perform.

• 2 weeks later...

use to own there hot dog compressor it was such a piece of shit it was 100db loud and took 7 mins to fill a 3 gallon tank. i hated it and was trying to break it so i could buy a rol-air and i ran it in -10 degree weather and it broke big time. now i have a rol- air air buddy and i love it.

CH was once known as a good quality brand. Had a big plant in Ohio. They changed hands a couple times, migrated toward import stuff, and quality became sporadic.

The thing is, import tools have greatly improved over the years. For non professional use I'd say go for it.