Need a little help with my oscillating tool

figureitout

I have the Dewalt DCS335 20v oscillating tool. I bought several Dewalt blades with it because of the easy tool-free blade change.

I was very disappointed in the Dewalt blades, the metal blade cut one nail and bit the dust. I'm thinking of buying several Bosch blades to try them out as I've been happy with Bosch in general and particularly their accessories.

My questions are about compatibility. The Dewalt is supposed to fit any blades by removing a little metal disk with the included hex key, but as far as I can tell this would allow you to put in any blade but it would have to just clamp down and would have no engagement with the holes in the blade. Is this correct?

Second, Bosch sells an OIS adaptor that makes their blade compatible with any brand tool, but if the Dewalt should already be universally compatible, would the Bosch OIS adaptor be useful to me?

Try dremel accesories, I think they have same fixing as dewalt, but quality is better

I'll give them a try, anything has to be better than the Dewalt. From what I can tell, Bosch seems to have a little better pricing if you look for specials, but if the Dremel blades will last me a while and use my tool-free blade change, I'm in.

• 2 weeks later...

My experience is to either buy top notch blades like the Bosch or Dremel as stated above, or just find the cheap of the cheap blades like Harbor Freight or some Chinese website and expect to toss them after a few cuts.

I won't get anything with a  cutting edge from HF, I use Dremel and Bosch blades, you pay a buck for them but they are worth it. I noticed HD is starting to carry Fein, no experience with their blades but from their premium price I'm sure they are worth it.

My experience is to either buy top notch blades like the Bosch or Dremel as stated above, or just find the cheap of the cheap blades like Harbor Freight or some Chinese website and expect to toss them after a few cuts.

I'll pass on that, much rather just get quality to begin with. Frustrating that Dewalt blades are such garbage, and not even cheap. I ordered some Bosch carbide blades today.

Is there any reason I couldn't cut out that back part of the blade to fit the tool free blade change system on my dewalt?

I won't get anything with a cutting edge from HF, I use Dremel and Bosch blades, you pay a buck for them but they are worth it. I noticed HD is starting to carry Fein, no experience with their blades but from their premium price I'm sure they are worth it.

Fein is going to be next try if I don't like the Bosch, but I suspect I will.

I'll pass on that, much rather just get quality to begin with. Frustrating that Dewalt blades are such garbage, and not even cheap. I ordered some Bosch carbide blades today.

Is there any reason I couldn't cut out that back part of the blade to fit the tool free blade change system on my dewalt?

I am not a fan of Dewalt blades for anything especially for the price that they are.  Too bad Frued didn't make Oscilating blades, those things would be the worst every penny.

Fein is going to be next try if I don't like the Bosch, but I suspect I will.

I said earlier that the Bosch carbide is best for anything where you might or definitely will encounter metal but for just clean wood cutting the absolute best hands down blade is the fein e-cut long life blade. This thing is the fastest wood cutting blade I have ever used (they actually do pretty good with nails too but nothing like the Bosch carbide).

the fein e-cut long life and the Bosch carbide blades are by far the best blades on the market

Don't get me wrong... You made a great purchase by buying the Bosch blades. they will do everything you need them too!!

Found some Dremel branded carbide blades today with two mounting slots, one for the narrower more common style and another for Dewalt/Porter Cable.

From what I can determine though, the Dremel blades are made in China while the Bosch are Swiss.

Still kinda wondering if I can cut a notch out of the back and use the Bosch tool free. Maybe I'll get some cheap-er Bosch blades I can sacrifice.post-52121-144557181971_thumb.jpg

The Bosch blades only fit on the Dewalt tool using the supplied adapter and Allen key to bolt it on the underneath of the tool , you can't cut a slot in the bosch blade to fit it on the Dewalt as the holes around the Bosch blades are different spacing to the Dewalt blades I've tried it as I have a Bosch and my friend has the Dewalt but his Dewalt 18v came with the adapter to bolt Bosch blades on the bottom !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought the bosh carbide blades when I read this thread some days ago. And they just arrived, and gosh, what a difference. :-D Even the bloody Hardened screw when fine without any problems. :-D

A high quality screw have in the past been a real nightmare when you find out that you have fucked up bad. :-p

Bought the bosh carbide blades when I read this thread some days ago. And they just arrived, and gosh, what a difference. :-D Even the bloody Hardened screw when fine without any problems. :-D

A high quality screw have in the past been a real nightmare when you find out that you have fucked up bad. :-p

Yeah, before I got into the carbide blades literally or two screws would destroy any blade and it would take forever to get through a screw if it even made it at all.. The carbides just eat them up like they aren't even there!!

• 4 weeks later...