Makita Brushless Torque Wrench 1050 Newton !

kornomaniac

Every new impact I've looked that does have nut busting torque listed so I'm not sure what the complaints are about. 

And I doubt we'll see tool industry standardization any time soon. It took 20 years to get towing ratings standardised for truck manufacturers...don't think anyone is really worried about tools. It would have to be on all fronts meaning for instance dewalt couldn't use UWO, Rigid vac's wouldn't be rated by horsepower but probably lift, and so on... which is great for consumers but manufacturers won't be interested in following suit, it'll cause a ton of competition. 

The brushless recip would be nice. I switched to Milwaukee years ago but I always regretted losing the circular and recip from Makita, I always like those better than my Milwaukees. Doesn't matter now, I'm all over the freakin' place with different tool lines ;)

now for a BL recipro and werd all set :)

I have also seen pictures and heard about a BL recip which rivals the FUEL, and an 18x2 which is quite superior. But that is from a Makita perspective ...

Still, very promising!

If they can cut the cord off their sawzall they have now it'll be a winner.

Doubt that will be possible.  Their AVT Recipro is 1500 watts.  ( is that 14 amps in american terms? )  So far there aren't any 18V tools on the market that can deliver thesame power as a 1500 watt (14 amps ? ) corded tool.

Doubt that will be possible. Their AVT Recipro is 1500 watts. ( is that 14 amps in american terms? ) So far there aren't any 18V tools on the market that can deliver thesame power as a 1500 watt (14 amps ? ) corded tool.

I think tool companies are pretty close, with metabos new battery tech we'll be there soon. If they can run a table saw off their batteries I think a sawzall that powerful wouldn't be too hard

One of you overseas guys can buy me the 1/2 drive kit and send it to me. I'll even let you keep the charger. :)

Gotta love the thought of an 8 pound tool hanging off of a belt clip, though...

Feel free to send me a PM when it's available in Australia, though the postage would likely kill the prospect...

I think tool companies are pretty close, with metabos new battery tech we'll be there soon. If they can run a table saw off their batteries I think a sawzall that powerful wouldn't be too hard

If we assume that they actually got battery-tech that can deliver what they say it can, both in capacity and power. It probably would be pretty close.

Remember, 1500 Watts in this comparison, is just the input power, meaning, if you got a more efficient motor, say a brushless, you could lower this by a 20-30%, and still get the same power output. So in reality, the batteries would "only" need to deliver around 1200W, continuous. Still way too much for a normal 18V battery today, and would barely be achieveable with 2x18V  (and would give you less than 9 min. runtime with 2x5Ah). 

Metabo's claim with 87 % more runtime, and 67 % more power would make it pretty darn close. And if you make a few adjustments, giving the tool a bit lower RPM (and use the brushless favorable high torque ratings), you could probably make a close sibling of the tool. Though, I would take Metabo's numbers with a little grain of salt. :P

This Impact wrench is badass!     I dont even have a huge need for one but it will definitely be added to the hoard!   

now.... as for the long awaited, much needed  BL recip saw that this thread has started talking about.....   COME ON MAKITA!!!   I do appreciate and respect that they are obviously taking their time to make it right the first time around instead of releasing a half ass attempt but its time already...    i have been lusting for a better Makita cordless recip saw for years now.      a lot of times, at least durring demo, it is the only corded tool that comes out of the trailer which makes it such a hassle. I have their current 18v but its just junk..

I have also seen pictures and heard about a BL recip which rivals the FUEL, and an 18x2 which is quite superior. But that is from a Makita perspective ...

Still, very promising!

do you happen to know anything about it? specs?      are you saying that they are coming out with both an 18v and a 18vX2?    

Pretty cool. I wonder if they will stagger the release at all or release then at realitively the same time..

As far as specs I was really just digging for any info you might have had. SPM. Stroke length. Features like orbit settings, anti vibe. Rafter hook . led . movable shoe.... That kind of stuff.

Pretty cool. I wonder if they will stagger the release at all or release then at realitively the same time..

As far as specs I was really just digging for any info you might have had. SPM. Stroke length. Features like orbit settings, anti vibe. Rafter hook . led . movable shoe.... That kind of stuff.

Yeah true. but much like circ saws and grinders, what we really want to know if how much power it has. How much it bogs down under a hard load. The manufacturers don't tell us this, particularly with cordless tools.

• 4 weeks later...