Dcd995 Problems

RickyMcGrath

Picked it up today. The pickup slip said "rebuilt motor and replaced trigger."

Get it to the truck and the same problem. Or so I thought. Took it back inside and they had a senior tech look at it and he informed me that it is normal on the new brushless as an overload protection?

I'll have to run some bits and screws to give it a full test.

Can anyone confirm or deny theirs does this? In short, if I use the drill power to tighten the chuck, the motor pulsates after the chuck is snug and shuts off. It does it in various modes, hammer, drill and various clutched settings. Again, I haven't put bits in it to see how that handles.

I'm toying with my other 995 right now and it only does it when in a clutched mode.

Going back to the original, I'm not seeing it as much. I am seeing it in hammer mode though as if it were clutching out. I'll take them both to work tomorrow and see how they handle. Apparently these brushless drills have an electronic clutch? They both clutch out in the same manor. No more mechanical skipping?

On a side note, I never really notice how much torque these things have. If you're not careful and go to tighten the chuck under the power of the motor, that thing can flip right out of your hands on you.

It does have an e clutch but I have never noticed t engaging in drill mode, there is a ton of torque with the 995. As for tightening the chuck under motor power I remember seeing somewhere that it was recommended not to do it, usually I do it just until it's right before the bit then I hand tighten.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The e-clutch does pulsate when it clutches out, we did that so it felt like a mechanical clutch to the user. However, it's not supposed to do that in drilling/hammer mode.

I figured that out last night by comparing to my other 995. This one definitely clutches out in hammer mode. It will briefly in drill mode only after switching from hammer to drill. So it looks like it's going back to the repair center. Luckily, I have a dozen other ones to choose from in the meantime. [emoji51]

I figured that out last night by comparing to my other 995. This one definitely clutches out in hammer mode. It will briefly in drill mode only after switching from hammer to drill. So it looks like it's going back to the repair center. Luckily, I have a dozen other ones to choose from in the meantime. [emoji51]

I assume it's under warranty. Ask them to Warranty Exchange it for you. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone New member ; with a new question .

Dewalt's website says that the DCD995 20V MAX Drill/Hammer

is made in USA , However on the drill it says Made in China !

Purchased on the premise that it is made here in the states .

Whats up with this ?

Thanks in advance .

Made in China, assembled in the USA. 

Hi everyone New member ; with a new question .

Dewalt's website says that the DCD995 20V MAX Drill/Hammer

is made in USA , However on the drill it says Made in China !

Purchased on the premise that it is made here in the states .

Whats up with this ?

Thanks in advance .

I don't know if all DCD995's are made in the USA now, or that your drill is old stock. Kits that are made in the USA have a big sticker saying made in the USA with global components. Maybe GatorB can comment if they are still sourcing some DCD995's from China still.