Milwaukee Service

redmed

I sent in my 10 month old M12 drill for service because the led light would not shut off.  It has been a week and nothing from them no email or drill.  The tracking of the package I sent in showed delivered last week.  Part of the reason I went with Milwaukee was reading of their great service including fast turn around.  I was expecting to get the drill back within a week.  

What is the turnaround others have had with Milwaukee service?

Should I expect my same drill or a reconditioned drill?

I actually just sent in a few tools about a week ago also, m12 multi tool and m12 rotary tool both with motor issues.. So I don't have experience yet but also was curious to see how it all went because of the praises they usually get for their warranty service... 1 week seems too fast . you need to likely factor in at least 4 or 5 days of shipping for it to get to them and then back to you. Then the time for them to process and repair it. I would guess it would probably be closer to 2 weeks.

Milwaukee seems to just give you a new tool instead of repairing it. It's just quicker that way for everyone involved if it can be fixed it must be sold as a refurbished too later on if its still in decent shape.

This is going to sound blasphemous but...I will say Jason that both tools that I returned to Milwaukee were really new tools. That didn't sit well with me to have to do two returns. I won't slam Milwaukee, the returns were smooth and I got brand new tools licking split but the fact that they both broke during light use. I could've gotten flukes but that never sat well with me. I will say the three Milwaukee M12 tools I have are fantastic machines.

This is going to sound blasphemous but...I will say Jason that both tools that I returned to Milwaukee were really new tools. That didn't sit well with me to have to do two returns. I won't slam Milwaukee, the returns were smooth and I got brand new tools licking split but the fact that they both broke during light use. I could've gotten flukes but that never sat well with me. I will say the three Milwaukee M12 tools I have are fantastic machines.

I love the feel of the M12s, for a 12 volt they really don't feel like a 12 volt and some people are even surprised that when I am using my M12 fuel drill and impact that its only a 12 volt.  Thinking hard about grabbing the M12 Fuel Circ Saw.

• Like 1

I love the feel of the M12s, for a 12 volt they really don't feel like a 12 volt and some people are even surprised that when I am using my M12 fuel drill and impact that its only a 12 volt. Thinking hard about grabbing the M12 Fuel Circ Saw.

Get it man get it! Lol....that m12 circ is a beast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I have to agree that Milwaukee seems to have issues with initial quality on their tools. Once you use them for awhile they seem to be fine, but that first couple times can be iffy once that's over you should be golden.

Do they require a receipt with broken tools? I sent a copy in with my drill then thought that I better find receipts for the rest of my Milwaukee tools and could not find a receipt for three tools.

Not really, but of course it's more complicated than that. All Milwaukee power tools have a manufacture date code in the serial number. The warranty period starts from the date of purchase if you bought from an authorized Milwaukee dealer. If you did not or if you can't find your receipt, the warranty period is calculated from the manufacture date. It's best to keep your receipts so you don't lose out on warranty time for a tool that was sitting on the shelf for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really, but of course it's more complicated than that. All Milwaukee power tools have a manufacture date code in the serial number. The warranty period starts from the date of purchase if you bought from an authorized Milwaukee dealer. If you did not or if you can't find your receipt, the warranty period is calculated from the manufacture date. It's best to keep your receipts so you don't lose out on warranty time for a tool that was sitting on the shelf for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Now I know the tools I couldn't find the receipt for are (somewhat) covered.  Got remember to save those little pieces of paper.

I got the new Hammerdrill and got a nut driver jammed in it. I called Milwaukee and told them it had only been a week. The tech told me to wrap a glove around the chuck and hold it with a wrench while activating reverse. I ended up sticking an Allen wrench in it and standing on it. Got the bot out, took it to Home Depot and exchanged it for the same model, no questions asked. Since then, the new drill is nothing short of a beast!

So the rotary tool showed up Thursday as I said and today, Monday the multi tool was waiting for me when I got home!! Brand spankin new baby

Two broken tools sent in with provided pre paid labels and within a week - week and a half I had two brand new replacements in hand!! I'm very happy with that

Its a good thing their Service is so good because im getting the impression that buying a Milwaukee has a good chance if being a lemon ?

Haha. Yeah.... I truthfully don't think Milwaukee's quality is as high as everyone thinks it is.. I'm not saying they make bad tools.. They obviously work well when they are working but I have never had two tools crap out on me as quickly as these did (just a little over a year).. They were both purchased at the same time and while I used the multitool a good amount, the rotary tool didn't have much use on it..

Maybe the QC of their manufacturer just isn't as high as others

The warranty and service is great though so it definetly helps you turn a blind eye to the issues..