New Dewalt XR serie

Kenneth Denmark

What's the specs of the drill? Torque and rpm

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/7925-new-DeWALT-DCF887-3-Speed-Impact-Driver-20V-MAX%2A-XR-Brushless-1-4%22/page__view__findpost__p__88100

Gator mentioned this in another thread, here are some specs.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These dewalt drills are short in length so to me I classify them as compact. I also look at brushless all being on the same level. So I would compare it to the fuel gen 2 because its their top end models no?

Impact wise yes but Dewalt has more levels of premium drills than Milwaukee. The gen 2 Milwaukee drill is comparable to the Dewalt DCD995, the brushless hammer drill.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Well as much as I like my Milwaukee that new dewalt stuff looks nice but I don't know if I will like the way it drills. My buddy as a dewalt impact and I never liked it

I don't use my impact for drilling, I carry the compact which handles mostly everything and when I need the extra power I have the big boy hammer drill. Interestingly enough I have an m12 fuel hammer drill that is maybe 1/4" longer than the Dewalt 20v hammer.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

These dewalt drills are short in length so to me I classify them as compact. I also look at brushless all being on the same level. So I would compare it to the fuel gen 2 because its their top end models no?

No. Being brushless or not speak to whether it's basic or high-end unit. Some models are compact models (lighter and smaller), others are heavy duty.

In Dewalt you have (choosing the non-hammer models):

Compacts

DCD771 (basic)

DCD780 (medium)

DCD790 (BL)

DCD791 (BL rev 2)

Heavy Duty

DCD980

DCD990 (BL)

The 980 will blow away all the compacts (for power), but I prefer a compact for most day-to day uses.

• Like 1

The gen 2 Milwaukee drill is comparable to the Dewalt DCD995, the brushless hammer drill.

Disagree. The DCD995 caught up to the Gen1 FUEL model, the Gen 2 FUEL has leaped ahead again, and caught up to Makita / Metabo's top models.

I just did a review on it last night, and will upload in the next week or so. It's pretty sweet, I'm very impressed by its size / form factor.

It's impressive how so much power comes out of that smaller drill, I wonder if it's smaller than the m12 fuel drill now

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's impressive how so much power comes out of that smaller drill, I wonder if it's smaller than the m12 fuel drill now

Are you talking about Gen 2 FUEL? It's still a bigger/heavier drill than the M12 FUEL, though they're about the same length.

Here's a summary for everyone (shortest to longest, drill driver version (not hammer)). These could be a millimeter or two off.

M18 BL Compact - 175mm

M18 Compact      -  185mm

M12 (3/8")            - 185mm

M18 FUEL Gen 2 - 190mm

M12 FUEL            - 193mm

M18 FUEL Gen 1 - 201mm

Sorry for going off-topic/Dewalt.