HD deal (actually a steal)

Petro0311

Home Depot as we now know is doing a deal right now where you get 150 back for specific tools ect if you buy one of two kits. I bought the xr Hammerdrill and driver kit for 369 and I was able to talk the store manager into allowing me to get the new tough system radio for 150 less. It started with a phone call... I got the ball rolling and after speaking to him in store he had to admit the "wording" is very vague on the display! The display has 4 pictures form Dewalt and 4 from Milwaukee... Yet there are an assortment of tools beneath the display. So use that against them. It specifically states "any radio" and beneath is a Bluetooth speaker. Not a radio. So find the new radio and call them on the vagueness and wording. It worked for me. I also drove to New Hampshire (30 min) to get it all tax free! It's worth a shot!

Agh! Hahahaha glad you came over dude! I saw the Milwaukee rep and he was bashing Dewalt big time. Nice guy but has to get some facts correct. He did show me the next generation shockwave bits and told me the red band indicates the new generation.

Where you from Chrisk? I have to say I like both companies... I think they both have their pros and cons. I actually already have the xr set. This one is for my father for Xmas because he always borrows my impact. He's got the nicad drills and he is always amazed by how much more power the new dewalts have. The radio is all mine haha I've been waiting for this to hit the shelves. I have the new Milwaukee Hammerdrill too... Powerhouse. So I don't think either company can bash haha both have strengths and weaknesses.

I think that actually falls within the terms of the sale. I was looking at the Ridgid brushless set.  If you add that ($279) and the Ryobi 4V lithium ion screwdriver ($29).  The checkout total is $210 plus tax.  

If you buy any of the included kits and any power tool / radio / cordless fan, you get $100 or 150 off your total.  

Agh! Hahahaha glad you came over dude! I saw the Milwaukee rep and he was bashing Dewalt big time. Nice guy but has to get some facts correct. He did show me the next generation shockwave bits and told me the red band indicates the new generation.

I get a kick out of these young reps bashing the competition....I thought to myself how would you know how well or bad something is enough to bash another companies products......after listening to one guy for 10 minutes....I looked at him and said .......hmmm interesting......I would keep that to yourself cause you would sound pretty silly if you ended up working for them some day........

Where you from Chrisk? I have to say I like both companies... I think they both have their pros and cons. I actually already have the xr set. This one is for my father for Xmas because he always borrows my impact. He's got the nicad drills and he is always amazed by how much more power the new dewalts have. The radio is all mine haha I've been waiting for this to hit the shelves. I have the new Milwaukee Hammerdrill too... Powerhouse. So I don't think either company can bash haha both have strengths and weaknesses.

I live on the Maine border just up 16 from Portsmouth. About 25 minutes to the ocean, 25 minutes to Winnepesaukee, and an hour to the White Mountains! Now if I can just convince my Wife to not have us move to Florida when I retire in 3 years ;)

I get a kick out of these young reps bashing the competition....I thought to myself how would you know how well or bad something is enough to bash another companies products......after listening to one guy for 10 minutes....I looked at him and said .......hmmm interesting......I would keep that to yourself cause you would sound pretty silly if you ended up working for them some day........

Yeah Comp. I was looking at the Dewalt XR set and he started going on about how they're getting sued for falsely advertising assemble in the USA. I piped up about our site and that our guys actually built their XR tools in the USA along with Stuart over at Toolguyd. He went on about how much stuff from Milwaukee is actually made here but after that conversation he said the new drill bits are made here blah blah blah blah and I noted the box said China so I asked the question and he was like....well most of the blades are made here..... ;)

Nice kid though but I couldn't help but think I knew a little more about Milwaukee than he did. He had not idea they make a premier miter saw. Sure it's old but it's one of the best mothers out there,

Brand loyalty is a funny thing. Super nice kid, just didn't have all his facts right. But boy he started on his Anti Dewalt, Anti Makita and then he went on about miter saws. I said....well I've done a lot of research and I almost bought the Milwaukee. Then I told him I went with the Kapex. He said..."well you can't beat that".

I have almost every brand out there. I don't bash Milwaukee outside of their stoic insistence on making trade specific tools which has made me switch to different brands. But I still love my two M12 Fuels. But I can't help but get a little irritated on bashing. Especially by a rep.

Man that's a great place to be up there. Florida is nice to visit... I'd take the mountains any day.

Yeah I'm blessed. I love New Hampshire. Except when it's -22 and there is three and a half feet of snow in my driveway. ;)

Did you mention the first gen bits were crap :D

Did you mention the first gen bits were crap :D

Yeah. I offended him ;)

I told him the M18 Recip (non Fuel) was absolute rubbish as was the M18 (non Fuel circular saw) and the shockwave bits were pure crap. I then elevated him by complementing the three Milwaukee tools I do have. But....if the guy is gonna talk crap he better be ready to hear about it!

Yeah. I offended him ;)

I told him the M18 Recip (non Fuel) was absolute rubbish as was the M18 (non Fuel circular saw) and the shockwave bits were pure crap. I then elevated him by complementing the three Milwaukee tools I do have. But....if the guy is gonna talk crap he better be ready to hear about it!

Ha ha......when you screw with our tool quality your gonna answer to the crew LOL!!!

"Milwaukee Rep" as in the ones inside Home Depots? Those guys aren't reps. They glorified merchandisers. All the tool reps that handle Lowes and HD's are. TWO Makita "Reps" knew nothing about the 16" beam cutter when I asked them last week at HD. I always see them and they never see too informed.

When I bought my DeWalt pressure washer, the TTI reps, one wearing Milwaukee and one Wearing Ryobi, were both giving me crap about it.

"Milwaukee Rep" as in the ones inside Home Depots? Those guys aren't reps. They glorified merchandisers. All the tool reps that handle Lowes and HD's are. TWO Makita "Reps" knew nothing about the 16" beam cutter when I asked them last week at HD. I always see them and they never see too informed.

When I bought my DeWalt pressure washer, the TTI reps, one wearing Milwaukee and one Wearing Ryobi, were both giving me crap about it.

Nah this guy is actually a rep he had the Milwaukee truck and a TTI card. Nice guy actually. Definitely drinking the kook aid though!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jimjs7434584
    Newest Member
    jimjs7434584