dewalt tools

Ray1234

I have it from a good source that when big box stores such a Canadian tire want a product for flyer sales they enlist brand like dewalt to provide that brand at a lower prices. companies like dewalt will then put out that order with suppliers to meet mininum specs that are less then orginal higher standard. Is that possible?

Dewalt does not change anything about a tool to hit a lower price point. They will sell a different tool (DCD771 for example) that may not be as powerful as the DCD780 and may come with different batteries and a charger that doesn't charge as fast, in order to hit a lower price point. But you won't find a cheaper/more robust version of the same model number tool. 

Sometimes large retailers have the power to influence suppliers into making a lower-spec model to meet a certain price point. As long as you investigate the model before you buy it, this shouldn't present you a real problem.

It is annoying if you've bought a budget model believing that you've got the regular model at a hot price. I personally don't like seeing the brand's quality confused by such moves (that why we have DIY brands like Bosch Green, Ryobi, Porter Cable etc), but this is the business.

They will sell a different tool (DCD771 for example) ...... in order to hit a lower price point. But you won't find a cheaper/more robust version of the same model number tool. 

Exactly. Would it be a fair assumption that this (DCD771 kit) was at the request/pressure of one or more retailers?

I don't know if a retailer requested specifically requested Dewalt make the DCD771, or Dewalt knew that stores want to sell a drill kit for around 100 dollars for the holiday season. Milwaukee sells a bushed model its the same model of brushed tool they offer for sale, but they only include one battery at that cheap price.

I have it from a good source that when big box stores such a Canadian tire want a product for flyer sales they enlist brand like dewalt to provide that brand at a lower prices. companies like dewalt will then put out that order with suppliers to meet mininum specs that are less then orginal higher standard. Is that possible?

sorry, but you are either extremely ignorant of the different models dewalt sells, or just stupid. lol

I don't know if a retailer requested specifically requested Dewalt make the DCD771, or Dewalt knew that stores want to sell a drill kit for around 100 dollars for the holiday season. Milwaukee sells a bushed model its the same model of brushed tool they offer for sale, but they only include one battery at that cheap price.

You hit it on the head with the $100 dollar idea.