Wall system suggestions

DiverDn

I have an 8' section of wall that I'm looking to utilize for tools, shelves, etc.

I already have peg board on another 8' section, so I'm looking for suggestions on doing something different on the new section.

The wife would like to see a couple of cabinets and I'm thinking of some type of buckets to put bolts/nails/screws in.

Any experience with the plastic systems or do it yourself systems?

John

I have a couple of Gladiator wall units but truthfully I am building a bunch of carcasses and hanging the, on French cleats at about 30* cuts. They work awesome plus if I make the runners long enough I can slide the cabinet carcass along and add more. The two Gladiator cabinets are used for: 1- Woodturning supplies and some waxes. 2- Festool supplies as well as spare batteries, mostly Domino tenons and Kapex blades and Domino cutters. The three carcasses are used for Systainers of tools, saw blades, clamps, glue and fasteners etc.

all I know is I like a system that everything or almost everything is open and visual I don't like putting things in containers anymore as they get piled on each other and then I'm at Home depot buying stuff I own already.....

all I know is I like a system that everything or almost everything is open and visual I don't like putting things in containers anymore as they get piled on each other and then I'm at Home depot buying stuff I own already.....

Haha I'm the same way comp. I go out to by a case of caulk and boxes of finish nails and when I get home I end up opening the cabinet and putting them right next to the other ones.

I am with ChrisK on the French cleat system. Everything will be easily accessible, and can be rearranged in almost any configuration you want. April Wilkerson has some great videos of her cleat system. You can simply add plastic bins or build your own parts organizer. See videos below.

Parts bin.

https://youtu.be/tmTezS5HOxw

French cleat

https://youtu.be/WYuoiefb2uk

I have 3 dremels hanging beside my work bench with 3 different bits in each.........not because I wanted them but because when I needed one do you think I could find the little thing, not once but twice I went out and bought one.......actually I have 4 because I also have the Milwaukee rotory cordless.....but in saying that they all hang all plugged in and now they come in handy by not having to change a bit .........but if I put them in a drawer I still probably go buy yet another one.....getting old I guess.....

Great suggestions and thanks for the links. I will take a look at them.

We bought a Gladiator work bench at Sears on sale and the wife wants to buy the track system and cabinets. I'm with you guys, I don't want cabinets, things get put in them and get forgotten about.

I'm thinking the french cleat system might work, I did that to a couple of other cabinets before I knew they were called french cleats!

Thanks,

John