New snowblower

WeldfabNeil

Today we got a new snow blower. We went with a troy built squall 2100. Nothing big but it's ok.

Before moving we had 5 Troy built single stages that were only 2 seasons old. Me my dad an brother plowed snow an used the single stages for sidewalks if we didn't shovel them.

Can't remember why we went with the Troy builts in Chicago. We did thoe, an no major issues. Went with troy built again. I will update you on how the new one performs come first snowfall.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Totally forgot I even posted this.

Now we have had several snowfalls, one being 9 inches. It did the 9 inches but took time. Scrapes close to the ground but of course the paddles are new. For the size an price no complaints in the short term. Starts right up an does its job.

Me an my dad still want a biger one. It would be nice to have one but its on the wish list.

• Like 1

Yes, the unit you bought is definitely for doing sidewalks and walkways, where as a 2-stage is better for doing whole driveways, while plows are best for roads. Nice looking unit you got there, I bet that 2-cycle purrs like a kitten hehe. :)

It's actually a 4 cycle, unlike most that size.

• Like 1

Yes, the unit you bought is definitely for doing sidewalks and walkways, where as a 2-stage is better for doing whole driveways, while plows are best for roads. Nice looking unit you got there, I bet that 2-cycle purrs like a kitten hehe. :)

I don't think anyone makes 2 cycle snowblowers anymore. I think for emissions they were too had to start and run because they have OPE run with such a lean mix now.

• Like 1