Ridgids new tool storage?

chewie17

I just saw these at the local HD in Canada here and was wondering since they are about $100 cheaper than the dewalt counterparts, how much can you actually fit into the large, medium, and small boxes respectively?

I have a circ saw, recip saw, jigsaw, drills, OMT screwdrivers, hammers, chisels, pretty well anything you can think of. I have a Milwaukee 26" toolbox now and have the majority of tools I need most days but I could always keep some more in an easier way to move them as well.

any thoughts would be appreciated thanks!

i love my Ridgid stacking units. The base has wheels built in and handle. Dewalt system makes you buy another unit to turn them into a cart. But the Dewalt cart is better quality, Ridgid is holding up nicely. I can fit a ton of tools in mine. I even modified a few into things like solar generators and camping boxes.

I'm not a Ridgid fanboy but I give them credit for building great cases. I like to keep my stuff organized, example: when I bought a new ramset, I also picked up a small Ridgid case. I keep the ramset and loads in it, lock it for extra safety. In another small Ridgid I house electrical related stuff, another has plumbing... Etc so when I'm going on site I grab the box appropriate for the job & don't have to dig through my mess finding what I need.

i love my Ridgid stacking units. The base has wheels built in and handle. Dewalt system makes you buy another unit to turn them into a cart. But the Dewalt cart is better quality, Ridgid is holding up nicely. I can fit a ton of tools in mine. I even modified a few into things like solar generators and camping boxes.

I'm not a Ridgid fanboy but I give them credit for building great cases. I like to keep my stuff organized, example: when I bought a new ramset, I also picked up a small Ridgid case. I keep the ramset and loads in it, lock it for extra safety. In another small Ridgid I house electrical related stuff, another has plumbing... Etc so when I'm going on site I grab the box appropriate for the job & don't have to dig through my mess finding what I need.

Would the large box hold a circular saw and other tools like a recip saw? All in the bottom? I need something that can hold tools I don't use a whole lot at the bottom and more used as I go up

Sent from my B15 using Tapatalk

sweet deal these things back in the day all we had was a huge red tool box and our trick was bolt a old car seat belt to it and over the shoulder it went regardless it weight 150LBS......

Yea, Modular tool storage is a great innovation. It makes you wonder why it took so long to take off though. The one thing I never got is why a lot of trades men won't embrace modern tech. A friend had a good cheap carpenter around, but he used beat up tools that were more trouble to work with. Me and my friend never got why he didn't get a cordless framing nailer. For small jobs you can't beat the cordless nailers or anything on a vertical.

• Like 1

I have a Ridgid stack out in the garage,they are great. Made well,easy to move around etc etc. The one thing alot of people dont seem to like about them is how the lid on the large box isnt hinged. Personally I think its better for larger stuff. You can definately fit a circ saw and such in there. The small box I have multiples setup in different configs since the dividers and such are removable.

The Ridgid boxes are OEM'd by Keter. ive had mine for around a year and its held up just fine,im looking to get another set when they/if they go on sale again around fathers day,I got my 3 piece set for like $98

Thanks for the feed back guys just went in tonight to look a little closer and turns out the large medium and small are $99, $59, and $39 respectively so I'm not sure I wanna spend all that on them all. They had a deal where if you bought the large and medium you got the small free. Which is worth it. But its still pricey

I like it not being hinged as you can lift the other boxes off the top of it.

Hell yea!

I saw that and immediately thought how great a design that was! The tough system is a pain in that you can't keep the lids open while they are on the cart.

The lids on the tough system got caught on stuff and I actually tore my pants on the latch because it didn't fall flat after I opened it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feed back guys just went in tonight to look a little closer and turns out the large medium and small are $99, $59, and $39 respectively so I'm not sure I wanna spend all that on them all. They had a deal where if you bought the large and medium you got the small free. Which is worth it. But its still pricey

that doesn't sound right. With the holiday deal it was buy the bottom and middle get the top free for $99 total. $59, $39, $29 individual.e642d402757bce9ad49d378fcb9b7bc1.jpg

I was struggling with picking between the two brands.  The only thing I liked more on the Dewalt was the small box has a separate compartment up top which I use for my recip/jigsaw blades.  I then had to think was that worth the extra money they cost.  Next thing, Amazon brings price down on small and xl boxes. Therefore, I went with the ToughSystem.  I also purchased 2 arms so I could try to find an alternative solution to Dewalts handtruck for the toughsystem.