New guy from STL

jtieman

Hello fellow tool junkies!

Long time lurker on the forums. Watched TIA since humble beginnings on YouTube years ago, commented just a few times since then. Figured I should actually join in on the fun now... Dan and Eric crack me up.

My day job involves lots of telecom, networking, AV, security, CCTV, and access control. So, a lot of wire pulling and terminating is involved, so that is where most of my tools are concentrated. Mostly 'low voltage' 'communication' if you will... Both commercial and residential. We do quite a bit of work for a local large hospital also. I will buy almost any quality tool I have the money for it if it gets me home on time at the end of the day, if you know what I mean... I actually started out in IT but just couldn't take sitting in an office all day. I like to get out in the work van and 'mix it up'. I never know what kind of project we might take on next and it's always a challenge.

At home, I enjoy tinkering with just about anything... Whether it be wrenching on the car, or renovating the bathroom, I find it very enjoyable and rewarding. My family tries to keep me away from Home Depot & Lowes as much as possible, LOL.

Not partial to any one brand, have had various hand and power tools from Hilti, Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee, Bosch, Ridgid, Ryobi, Klein, NWS, Knipex, etc. For cordless I mostly have Dewalt 20V Max stuff right now, but thinking about going Milwaukee since they have more tools geared towards what I do for a living it seems. A cordless Hole Hawg would be awesome for wiring houses, for example.

Anyways, enough about me, and greetings from St. Louis, MO!

Hey there, although I feel partial to Milwaukee, I have others as well as you. Also on the cordless hole hawg, yes, get it, it's great, I use it for exactly the reason you mentioned, as well as up to 2" holes for pvc drains.

See you around.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk