Milwaukee  M18/110V TRUEVIEW light

figureitout

I haven't seen this one talked about much, mostly the smaller one and the tripod light. Maybe the $150 price tag...

Anyway, I picked this thing up to replace a Husky LED tripod light that was very nice, while it worked. I got an HD store credit and paid the $50 difference for the Milwaukee.

This thing is bright, it's advertised to be 20% brighter than a 500 watt halogen and I believe it. I love the rotating head that allows you to adjust the angle of light while the base stays stationary. It's solidly built, as one would expect from Milwaukee, and the stops feel very positive. The base is bulkier than I would think it needs to be, but that could be an advantage in some situations.

I tested the run time on high with a 5AH and didn't get quite the 2 hours advertised, but very close.

The biggest selling point to me is the 110V capability. I really needed two lights, so for my use I can consider that I paid $75 each.

Be aware that the 110 volt plug is recessed. This caused a problem for me because I mostly run it off my ceiling mounted cord reel that has a triple tap. I'm using my shortest extension cord but it's a little annoying. It's one more connection to make and to be pulled out when moving the light around. It's not a gripe, as the design is probably better for most people.

If you haven't seen it, check it out. If you're on the fence, buy it.118dc2ad3cc9191ebf3acd91db0d74ba.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Nice write up, HD online has a deal you get a 5.0 with either light.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really!? Would you have a link to that? I've only had it a week so if I can get a battery with it, I'll jump on that. I'd buy it then return the new packaged light so they could resell it as new.

Well cool, just went down to the store and talked to them, walked out with my battery.

that is awesome you got a battery.....sweet deal nothing better than a better deal....

whenever I buy tools or anything with a larger price tag from Home Depot I keep an eye out for deals for 90 days just in case they go on sale..... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got the light in today. It's impressive. It does put out a little heat, but nothing compared to a halogen. I mounted a 2x4 to my garage ceiling and put some hooks on it so I can hang it up. I also tried super gluing some big rare earth magnets to each corner hoping it would be strong enough to hold, but they are a bit too weak. Oh well, plenty of other ways to mount/hang it. This will come in handy when I help my friend with construction projects that we never seem to finish before daylight is gone. Well have hours of light now to keep on working... And making that money so I can get some more red for my collection.

Got the light in today. It's impressive. It does put out a little heat, but nothing compared to a halogen. I mounted a 2x4 to my garage ceiling and put some hooks on it so I can hang it up. I also tried super gluing some big rare earth magnets to each corner hoping it would be strong enough to hold, but they are a bit too weak. Oh well, plenty of other ways to mount/hang it. This will come in handy when I help my friend with construction projects that we never seem to finish before daylight is gone. Well have hours of light now to keep on working... And making that money so I can get some more red for my collection.

awesome can never have enough light especially when it gets dark....