DeWalt Tools in the top 5 stolen items

WigWagWorkshop

The worst part if your car is stolen and recovered it will get towed by the preferred towing company of the police department and if you don't have coverage you can pay thousands of dollars just to get your own property back out.

actually my brother ran into that, was down in Texas for a NASCAR race and his truck got stolen, he and his wife did what they had to do and got home.....without truck...then 2 months later got a call that they found the truck in an impound yard, with a outrageous bill attached to it.....as it was their insurance covered it all but it wasn't the truck insurance it was his house insurance......weird or what.....

• Like 2

actually my brother ran into that, was down in Texas for a NASCAR race and his truck got stolen, he and his wife did what they had to do and got home.....without truck...then 2 months later got a call that they found the truck in an impound yard, with a outrageous bill attached to it.....as it was their insurance covered it all but it wasn't the truck insurance it was his house insurance......weird or what.....

Anyway to cover that insane bill!! I think its the worse thing ever your property is taken then you face extortion at a towing yard to get your own property back. Basically you get your item stolen twice ones illegally and the other legally. On another forum I'm on he wont take anything but cash and you have to have exact change only or they will just keep the extra money your owed. Seriously some towing companies should face some scrutiny.

• Like 2

Anyway to cover that insane bill!! I think its the worse thing ever your property is taken then you face extortion at a towing yard to get your own property back. Basically you get your item stolen twice ones illegally and the other legally. On another forum I'm on he wont take anything but cash and you have to have exact change only or they will just keep the extra money your owed. Seriously some towing companies should face some scrutiny.

Towing companies are like dealing with the mob, it's ridiculous.

Towing companies are like dealing with the mob, it's ridiculous.

Yeah Man! I had a '77 Monte Carlo that was parked on the street, unfortanatly  it was hit from behind which pushed on to the sidewalk.  I was out of town at the time, so it was towed.  Would have costed over $1500 to get it back, so I had to forfeit it. 

• 3 years later...