DeWalt Tools in the top 5 stolen items

WigWagWorkshop

Just read in our local news that DeWalt Power Tools are in the top 5 most stolen items, and judging by the local Craigslist ads it sure looks like it.  

The top 5 items:

• True Religion Jeans
  • Dyson Vacuum Cleaners
  • DeWalt Power tools
  • Tide
  • Meat

Yes I agree, at most police auctions, you see a lot of Dewalt tools, and Bosch. Bosch, always hammer drills big on the list. Great place to augment you're tool collections. Sad to say, but true. ;(

I think Milwaukee tools should replace true religion jeans.

I don't want my Milwaukee tools stolen. I would have imagine dewalt would have been one of tide top items. My uncle works in St. Louis and he would stop in at a few pawn shops from time to time and he said that there was always a bunch of dewalt stuff. No telling how much of it was stolen.

We get people that steal meat at work all the time, they pack the carts with grocery a and build a spot in the center of the cart using cereal boxes and large times around the sides then throw 100s of dollars of meat in the middle then cover the top up. Then they push the cart to the front of the store right by the sliding entrance doors. Partner walks up grabs the cart and out they go. Few years ago they busted a group that admitted to stealing over $10,000 on meat alone.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We get people that steal meat at work all the time, they pack the carts with grocery a and build a spot in the center of the cart using cereal boxes and large times around the sides then throw 100s of dollars of meat in the middle then cover the top up. Then they push the cart to the front of the store right by the sliding entrance doors. Partner walks up grabs the cart and out they go. Few years ago they busted a group that admitted to stealing over $10,000 on meat alone.

Jimbo

Jesus, that's crazy!

Just read in our local news that DeWalt Power Tools are in the top 5 most stolen items, and judging by the local Craigslist ads it sure looks like it.

The top 5 items:

• True Religion Jeans
  • Dyson Vacuum Cleaners
  • DeWalt Power tools
  • Tide
  • Meat
Yea the tools we get stolen from job sites the most is dewalt miter saws. And Bosch nail guns. So we tried to lock um in trailers. They beat the hinges off. So I bought a job site box. So far so good. Nock on wood. Its the Channel lock brand.

Millerz

Meat? Really?

Also, how do you even steal power tools? Or vacuum cleaners? Those don't exactly fit in your pocket.

Job site theft is a big deal dude. I believe there is a special place in hell for people that take tools, molest children, rape and murder. CL is a huge problem for stolen stuff whereas pawn shops are harder because in some areas like mine positive identification has to be tendered before money changes hand with a seller.
  • Like 1

Had an extension ladder, Senco roofing nailer, cords, other items stolen off the customers porch in dead of the night. Luckily I still had most of the items to finish the job.

The homeowner was more mad than I was because that someone would get that close to his house at all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Job site theft is a big deal dude. I believe there is a special place in hell for people that take tools, molest children, rape and murder. CL is a huge problem for stolen stuff whereas pawn shops are harder because in some areas like mine positive identification has to be tendered before money changes hand with a seller.

I do know that but at the same time I can't imagine people steal more from job sites as they steal from retail stores. Like Walmart MADE IT PUBLIC for some reason that they would not prosecute any theft under $100 or something like that. Maybe it's that job site theft is ALWAYS reported and retail stores might not catch the loss for a full year and even then they may not report it.  I don't know, I'm guessing...I don't really have an "in" with thieves or the guys tracking the thieves. I did start off in Criminology in college but we never really covered theft.

That's an interesting list.  Surprised at Meat, Tide and the vacs.

I been wondering if Tide is used in making some kind of illegal drug. I am thinking that meat is stolen from the big stores, and sold "under the counter" to those little corner shops at huge discount.

• Like 1

I been wondering if Tide is used in making some kind of illegal drug. I am thinking that meat is stolen from the big stores, and sold "under the counter" to those little corner shops at huge discount.

When I worked at a grocery store j an rough area they were stealing all of the angus steaks and selling them down the street at the bar, as for tide probably similar things, high dollar items getting sold black market, maybe they do use it for meth or something too.

Jimbo

Same thing with Tide its black market cash from what I have read.

You know, with all the camera's stores have now days, I simple do not see how its possible for somebody to steal things. I think its more likely the store lost some of its inventory counts because they hired a jackass school kid who can't count to 10, and then claimed stolen goods cause that sounds better then jackass school kid.

It's usually someone that works in the stores that steal the good stuff. Back in stock. And after unloading trucks. We have a lot of that going on here right now. People selling new in the box weedeatters for 20 or 30 bucks. New tools for a little more. It makes me so mad that people will buy the stolen goods keeping the thieves in business. And I pay full price for everything I have. They better not ever offer me something stolen. They won't be able to sell anything else for a few years.

Millerz

Yea and usally if your buying tools from a pawn store it's stolen. I found a Makita skill saw that was stolen from the jodsite. Breaking the hinges off the trailer to get in. They finally got arrested and only gave them probation and the police didn't try to ask them where the other tools were they stole. They scattered them at through a bunch of pawnshops.

Millerz

Well parking tickets and traffic tickets are the money makers for the police departments and courts. Catching criminals costs the government money which to you think they have the incentive to go after most of the time.

Yea just like if your car got stolen. And then they found it and could can finger print the car to catch the person who stole it. They won't do it because it would cost to much money. To dust it and run the prints through the computer. That's crazy.

Millerz