DeWalt DCS374 20V Deep Cut Band Saw

77Ford01

Nice man, I like the deep cut. Have you searched eBay for a Dewalt case? If not you can check out some sites that sell Dewalt cases. http://www.zoro.com/dewalt-mobile-stackable-storage-blackyellow-dwst17807/i/G7419404/?gclid=CjwKEAiAzuK0BRCW4tiLpJT-8TISJADV8cw9d386fFjoQNhe3pOxwfOcfsvmaFnpuv4rZjGwC6zCMRoC-uHw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Like 1

I saw that case on the Dewalt site. It looks like it's got the build and features of a tough case but isn't listed as one... Are the structural foam walls of a similar durability to the tough cases? I could use one for my track saw or worm drive...

• 1 year later...

The kit I bought on sale arrived today! Exterior width of the DeWalt case is the same 22" as the ToughSystem boxes. But the ToughSystem interior dimensions are smaller than this case. This case is also a couple inches deeper than the largest ToughSystem box.  It fits on top of a stack, but I'll need to bungie it down if I'm wheeling it around.

Since it's the same width, if someone is using the shop rack system this would fit on the top shelf or floor below nicely. Or strapped to the top box or the bottom plate on the DS Carrier.

_DSC5163.jpg

_DSC5164.jpg

_DSC5173.jpg

Alternatively, the DCS374 bandsaw does fit in the Tough System DS450 w/wheels or the Tough System DS400 XL box. The accessory tray will need to be left out. In the DS400 you'll also need to remove the vertical compartments. In either case, I'd probably cut a wood block or heat-bend a piece of ABS to cradle the bottom of the saw so that it does not rest directly on the work stop and reserve a place to store extra blades. The old Portaband metal cases had a simple saddle the motor area would rest on.

Tough System DS450 w/Wheels

_DSC5184.jpg

Tough System DS400 w/vertical compartments removed.

_DSC5185.jpg

• Like 1

[mention=50418]77Ford01[/mention]...what do you think of the open bottom ? 

My problem is using the Toughsystem boxes is it takes up twice the room the regular case would. That being said, if I could lay the saw in length ways and not on an angle I may be able to fit his little brother saw next to it. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...