Cordless Miter Saw

Marcv76

Here are two youtube reviews on the XSL02Z, All I can say is that I am definitely getting this saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnzEFWWUH8c

Edited by Jasonc
Sorry Real Tool Reviews Links are not allowed on the forum http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/7495-rule-update/
  • Like 2

Hey I was just watching concord carpenters one, literally 5 minutes ago. 422 cuts out of 2x4s. Just keep a sharp blade on! I never saw a saw with double sliding rails lie this, but then again, but exactly my line of work

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just an FYI Real Tool Reviews content is not allowed on the TIA forum he bad mouthed the crew plus Dan and Eric. http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/7495-rule-update/This post Explains the issue direct from Dan

I know you knew Marvcv76 and didn't know the the no Real Tool Reviews on the forum.

• Like 1

Thats a nice looking saw, Would Love to see a tool fight against the Dewalt cordless miter... Let's GO TIA,, TOOL FIGHT!!!!!

Sorry Mikey, et al, "An Error Occured; You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

I guess I can no longer be positive today, so here's my verbal thumbs up!

• Like 1

Whenever you buy a circular saw...

Step 1: unbox it

Step 2: remove the factory blade

Step 3: proceed to throw as a frisbee

Step 4: if step 3 commits a crime, run, if not proceed to step 5

Step 5: put in a bright red Diablo blade

Step 6: cut the shit out of everything

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I think in toolboxbuzz mitre saw comparison from a few months ago they also mentioned that Makita packs their saws with a very decent blade standard.

Not that strange since Makita circular blades come from thesame italian Factory thats owned by Bosch ( and thus diablo.... )

That's surprising as the stock OEM blade is usually awful :)

• Like 1

I think unlike most other oems makita has a pretty good business selling high quality blades and grinding wheels so they can't put crap in the box so customers can get the saw cutting ASAP without hurting their reputation. Only real die hard DeWalt and Milwaukee junkies buy their preferred brand's blades in spite of better offerings out there.

My experience couldn't be more different. I've tried 4 Makita blades sold at my local store (sells nearly exclusively Makita so not many other options there) and all of them had the worst performance of any blade I've tried, worse than Dewalt, Oldham, Marathon, Irwin...

I tried their Black, Silver and two Gold blades. The quality of the cut was okay but they had the highest resistance I've ever felt out of my Skilsaw wormdrive. After a day of cutting I was even getting wood burn cutting brand new PT 2x6 for decking. 

If anyone is interested, I did some quick math between this saw and the Dewalt dcs361. When Concord Carpenter did the Dewalt review he was able to get 173 cuts out of one 4ah battery, which equals to 43.2 cuts per amp hour.  This Makita saw gets 42.2 cuts per amp hour (x10) because you burn 2 batteries down at the same time. So everything being equal they are virtually even, with the slight edge being given to the Dewalt, being able to cut 432 cuts on two 5ah batteries.

The Makita has a better cross cut capacity and slightly better dust collection, but the Dewalt seems to have better detent operation and the XPS lighting system. So in short I'm still confused on which saw is better. Its nice that there are 2 good cordless saws to picks from now. Soon we will see how Milwaukee responds and I heard that summertime will be the release of Dewalts 10" cordless miter saw.

• Like 1

If anyone is interested, I did some quick math between this saw and the Dewalt dcs361. When Concord Carpenter did the Dewalt review he was able to get 173 cuts out of one 4ah battery, which equals to 43.2 cuts per amp hour. This Makita saw gets 42.2 cuts per amp hour (x10) because you burn 2 batteries down at the same time. So everything being equal they are virtually even, with the slight edge being given to the Dewalt, being able to cut 432 cuts on two 5ah batteries.

The Makita has a better cross cut capacity and slightly better dust collection, but the Dewalt seems to have better detent operation and the XPS lighting system. So in short I'm still confused on which saw is better. Its nice that there are 2 good cordless saws to picks from now. Soon we will see how Milwaukee responds and I heard that summertime will be the release of Dewalts 10" cordless miter saw.

Is it a matter of better or what fits your needs...

Do you have Makita or Dewalt?

Say you have neither one and the saws are basically equal, where are your costs? Dewalt is 399 and I think you can get a combo with a 3.0, but for matter of argument say you can't. So I don't know the cost of the Makita off the top of my head but a believe a 2 pack of 3.0 Makita packs is 129, where 2 4.0 dewalts are 129. The Makita you need to have both packs in where Dewalt you can charge one while using.

If you have Makita it would be silly to buy the Dewalt and vise versa... If you have neither look at what will cost you more as seeing the saws are pretty much equal.

Besides you M18 guys out there in sure a Fuel miterzall is around the corner!

Or you can go screw the pooch and grab a metabo!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I actually have some 20V tools because their ergonomics fit my hands nicely, but I'm not so deep into them that I cant switch brands. Ultimately I wish I could find one tool brand that had all the tools I want so I only needed one type of battery. What I'm finding out is that every brand has their best in class tools and you need multiple platforms if that's what your goal is. Someone needs to make a universal battery connector, that's the billion dollar idea.

I actually have some 20V tools because their ergonomics fit my hands nicely, but I'm not so deep into them that I cant switch brands. Ultimately I wish I could find one tool brand that had all the tools I want so I only needed one type of battery. What I'm finding out is that every brand has their best in class tools and you need multiple platforms if that's what your goal is. Someone needs to make a universal battery connector, that's the billion dollar idea.

Connectors are easy, the controller chips are the difficult part. Lithium batteries are tool makers dreams, they lock the batteries down good and tight because they need to be monitored and controlled during charging and use. Makita even has their own batteries that aren't completely compatible with all tools, the yellow star and platinum plate things I think, with some tools too I think and they make all the the pieces.