Kitchen faucet plumbing help

rrich1

Well I tackled the sink/faucet today. My friend came over to help out. Lifting and getting that cast iron sink out would not have been fun by myself.

We ended up trying to do as little as possible to the existing pipework. Kinda the if broke don't fix it mentality. We capped off the left pipe, left the right pipe to the dishwasher alone, and in the middle we ran the pipe to the disposer. We ended up making a few trips to Ace but the last trip was more to brainstorm as we had to figure out the right route. Without the 45 degree bend we were about a pipe width short of connecting. I really wanted to have only one pipe but the amount of pipe left out of the wall wouldn't have allowed us to put a connector on it.

Overall it went very well. NOTHING BROKE! I'm fine with trips to the store for more parts. I initially over bought for the few possible routes we could have done. I meant to take a before pic and completely forgot. I had to take a pic of the sink once it was out.

IMG_20160126_154616761_zpsk9f8qpzn.jpg

IMG_20160126_161820462_zpsvxvokdwh.jpg

IMG_20160126_161804983_zpsdsvs1qyb.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well I tackled the sink/faucet today. My friend came over to help out. Lifting and getting that cast iron sink out would not have been fun by myself.

We ended up trying to do as little as possible to the existing pipework. Kinda the if broke don't fix it mentality. We capped off the left pipe, left the right pipe to the dishwasher alone, and in the middle we ran the pipe to the disposer. We ended up making a few trips to Ace but the last trip was more to brainstorm as we had to figure out the right route. Without the 45 degree bend we were about a pipe width short of connecting. I really wanted to have only one pipe but the amount of pipe left out of the wall wouldn't have allowed us to put a connector on it.

Overall it went very well. NOTHING BROKE! I'm fine with trips to the store for more parts. I initially over bought for the few possible routes we could have done. I meant to take a before pic and completely forgot. I had to take a pic of the sink once it was out.

Also, I think the important question is; did this project give you an excuse to buy any new tools?   ^-^

• Like 1

That should work! That sink could be of value, there seems to be a small percentage of people that like that look and style, see if you can sell it for some mad money.

Could you tell if the pipe back in the wall was vented?

I completely forgot to look. I remember cleaning out the gunk in the pipe and looking back but I didn't even think to look if it went up or not. Honestly I doubt I could have even could tell. If I feel the need to I could probably cut down the left pipe and put a vent upward if needed.

Also, I think the important question is; did this project give you an excuse to buy any new tools? ^-^

I got to use my knipex pliers for the first time since I bought them if that counts.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and help to get this done. I really appreciate it.

• Like 2

• 6 years later...
On 1/24/2016 at 8:11 AM, rrich1 said:

Hey guys I am in need of some help. I currently have a 2 basin sink. I am replacing it with a single basin stainless sink. I want to keep my disposer. I have a dishwasher as well. Here is what it currently looks like. What is the best way to route for the new sink? The basin is the same distance so the height of the disposer shouldn't change. The new sink will also have the drain in the center.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/rrich1/house%20remodel/IMG_20160123_183925531_zpspqxpekuc.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/rrich1/house%20remodel/IMG_20160123_183935092_zpsgs59zytz.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/rrich1/house%20remodel/IMG_20160123_183948748_zpsfpflgh52.jpg

kitchen faucet

In The $100-$250 range . Thank's tool. Our house came with a Glacer Bay[garbage] flow is less than half these days