Installing cabinets an medicine cabinets

Millerzconstruction

Installed some new cabinets an put new cut offs for supply lines. New medicine cabinet. Not hard to do or a lot of work. But it brings home the bacon. Lole15c01901a937167eed9719a803052a8.jpg62a8a5bf2c65aeee948216520ccff59c.jpge60d3199f1e00c206a21a8de87db6763.jpgc8261bdeb22031f45d055dd5312720c1.jpg794fd723451160ecc803a7257c5a4838.jpgaef7805731f2e553a0cc17164568a8f0.jpg

Millerz

See what you did there, I need to, do the same thing. Except I have a window that I need to close up. Looks good.

• Like 1

They bought cheep cabinets and wanted the ends caped with thin panneling that you can buy to glue on the ends. So they don't look as cheep. Took that many clamps to get the panneling to lay flat every where. Any body who works with that stuff knows how bowed the thin strips of panneling are. I needed a couple hundred clamps to of done both ends at the same time. Lol. As you can see I ran out of enuf clamps to do both ends. Lol

Millerz

They bought cheep cabinets and wanted the ends caped with thin panneling that you can buy to glue on the ends. So they don't look as cheep. Took that many clamps to get the panneling to lay flat every where. Any body who works with that stuff knows how bowed the thin strips of panneling are. I needed a couple hundred clamps to of done both ends at the same time. Lol. As you can see I ran out of enuf clamps to do both ends. Lol

Millerz

Just a tip, instead of clamping all over the piece, cut a piece of 1/2in to 3/4in plywood out of scrap and place it over the glued panel. You could use just a couple clamps to achieve the same amount of dispersed surface pressure, one in each corner would be plenty. This also keeps the surface of your paneling from depressing from the surface pressure of the clamp face as the glue squeezes out at that spot and pushes the panel away from the cabinet all around it, once the glue cures and you remove the clamps you have the risk of it looking like a dimple everywhere you clamp. If you have trouble following what I'm saying (not easy to explain in words) I can make a video demonstration of this to help make sense. 

• Like 1

Just a tip, instead of clamping all over the piece, cut a piece of 1/2in to 3/4in plywood out of scrap and place it over the glued panel. You could use just a couple clamps to achieve the same amount of dispersed surface pressure, one in each corner would be plenty. This also keeps the surface of your paneling from depressing from the surface pressure of the clamp face as the glue squeezes out at that spot and pushes the panel away from the cabinet all around it, once the glue cures and you remove the clamps you have the risk of it looking like a dimple everywhere you clamp. If you have trouble following what I'm saying (not easy to explain in words) I can make a video demonstration of this to help make sense.

I used 2×4s I had on my truck as whalers. Its better than plywood. Its like what people use to keep forms strait when pouring pires with concreat I just put a couple extra on the side because I had them. Other than the 5 on the side there is only 4 really holding it flat. Thanks though

Millerz

I used 2×4s I had on my truck as whalers. Its better than plywood. Its like what people use to keep forms strait when pouring pires with concreat I just put a couple extra on the side because I had them. Other than the 5 on the side there is only 4 really holding it flat. Thanks though

Millerz

Whalers...figures there's a term for it. Of course the more ridged the material the better, was suggesting sheeting because you had enough clamps on one end to do both sides at once. Efficiency is money. =-) Throw up pics of the finished product! 

• Like 1

Whalers...figures there's a term for it. Of course the more ridged the material the better, was suggesting sheeting because you had enough clamps on one end to do both sides at once. Efficiency is money. =-) Throw up pics of the finished product!

Where was I supposed to get a sheet at?

Whalers? I thought that sort of clamping mechanism was called a caul. (Honestly asking here, not trying to be a smart ass)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1