Knives

jackpayne97

I love Kershaw, both Clayton and the knives. That is a cool looking knife Hilti

Saved me a ton of time and money.

Nothing worse that cleaning up and getting ready to leave only to find you forgot to put a cover back or some nonsense. Anything that saves a trip to the van is a keeper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to be that douche I had to go and buy one of these today to see how it stacks up.

2461812250895bae2c4584bbc9470a53.jpg

I like the Dewalt knife. It's a good cheap blade. My main complaint is that it's simultaneously too easy and too hard to open. When closed, the hinge opens very easily with the slightest pressure on the thumb stud. I've had it open a bit in my pocket and is now relegated to a small pocket in my tool bag. At the same time, you can't fully open it with the flipper. Instead, you have to use the thumb stud and open slowly and purposefully. Not a huge problem, but then again, it's not a knife that I'd carry around for quick deployment. The fact that a two year old can open it easily also means that this one stays in the garage, away from the kiddos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know its not scientific but this is how we separate the men from the boys. About an hour later the Dewalt is annihilated. The casualties? First the thumb stud then the latch.

4ebed9bfb79ffaf2b67be2b21bb97abd.jpg

Here's how I test knives to their limits.

https://vimeo.com/153586498

I'm honestly surprised it held together for so long.

This has been my work knife since forever. I bought this in high school, maybe 2001-2002, love the knife. It's a Colt Police Positive:

(Not my picture)

7c03_45.JPG

I have a ton of knives I use for different things but this is the knife I used at work, at my various jobs.

Wow I can never get a year or two out of my knife before I lose it in some cesspool of a crawlspace lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Wow I can never get a year or two out of my knife before I lose it in some cesspool of a crawlspace lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I'm really careful with my stuff and keep it clean. I also try to use the proper tool for the job so I don't cut boxes with it, so I'm not constantly dulling the blade. I'm also one of those guys that use pocket clips backwards, so the knife goes into my pocket and the clip is outside, so it doesn't get knocked off if I bump into something. I also don't work in construction, I think if I did I would have replaced the knife several times by now.

I do really like Colt knives, very high quality all-steel construction and can take a beating. S&W also makes nice knives.

• Like 1

I'm really careful with my stuff and keep it clean. I also try to use the proper tool for the job so I don't cut boxes with it, so I'm not constantly dulling the blade. I'm also one of those guys that use pocket clips backwards, so the knife goes into my pocket and the clip is outside, so it doesn't get knocked off if I bump into something. I also don't work in construction, I think if I did I would have replaced the knife several times by now.

I do really like Colt knives, very high quality all-steel construction and can take a beating. S&W also makes nice knives.

Always wear my knives like that, thats how i bent the fastback clip.

I've carried and lost a lot of knives over the years, so I don't spend serious money on them anymore. They drop in a wall, fall out of your pocket in a crawlspace, break, or something and you watch $60 or $100 go fuck itself.

I never liked the folding razor knives or box knives since they're too sharp and a sharp knife sucks for stripping wire. It needs to be slightly dulled to give you enough control so that you don't cut through insulation you don't want to cut through (stripping romex, for instance). I've seen more insulation and wires damaged by idiots with box knives and been shocked more times by split or peeled back insulation that you can't see at first than I care to remember.

At some point I got myself a splicing knife and pretty much fell in love. I never had to fight to open a knife in insulated gloves again, they have great carbon blades that will take whatever edge you want to put on them, they won't ever fold back on your hand unexpectedly and they're relatively cheap. The blade is usually short enough that I can carry it without danger in a cargo pocket. It's stable enough and the blade is thin enough that I can use it to cut along a straight edge accurately. Overall, it works great for me.

This is the one I have now, a Bear that appears to be out of production.

s-l225.jpg

Have you had good luck with S&W? All two or three of mine only lasted for a month max before the latch was shot and the screws had all walked out.

I know this will make you fellow knife lovers cringe but the DeWalt lives again(with probably little to zero integrity at the base of the blade). I love knives and didn't want the knife to go to waste and so I introduce to you the all new limited edition DeWalt fixed blade knife (scraper at this point)

08b75a4ceff996f86ffa8507cc1c1f48.jpg

d83ef6eaa303d1bc9dd34815280650b7.jpg

• Like 4

I know this will make you fellow knife lovers cringe but the DeWalt lives again(with probably little to zero integrity at the base of the blade). I love knives and didn't want the knife to go to waste and so I introduce to you the all new limited edition DeWalt fixed blade knife (scraper at this point)

08b75a4ceff996f86ffa8507cc1c1f48.jpg

d83ef6eaa303d1bc9dd34815280650b7.jpg

what are welders for........