Knives

jackpayne97

Damn you Jimbo:

XQKRBk3.jpg

Have you had good luck with S&W? All two or three of mine only lasted for a month max before the latch was shot and the screws had all walked out.

I stopped carrying it because it was too heavy and I liked my Colt more, I don't like when it feels like there is something in my pocket. My S&W is older so maybe their quality has gone downhill, it's at least 15 years old.

• Like 2

Damn you Jimbo:

XQKRBk3.jpg

I stopped carrying it because it was too heavy and I liked my Colt more, I don't like when it feels like there is something in my pocket. My S&W is older so maybe their quality has gone downhill, it's at least 15 years old.

Atta boy, it's a nice knife for the price! I think I got mine in eBay for 15-20ish...

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Atta boy, it's a nice knife for the price! I think I got mine in eBay for 15-20ish...

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the finish on it. It's not bad at $30, I mean my Colts and S&W were $35-40 12-15 years ago. My Kershaw (Spring assisted) was $50 12-15 years ago also.

BTW, I was browsing knives last night after I posted this. It seems that H&K has some reasonably priced knives (Under $40) that are made in the USA. I was looking at Smoky Mountain Knife Works website. Link: http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/products/Heckler%26amp%3BKoch/Heckler+and+Koch+P30+Assisted+Opening+-+SerratedBlack/HK6000008SBT.html

I really like the finish on it. It's not bad at $30, I mean my Colts and S&W were $35-40 12-15 years ago. My Kershaw (Spring assisted) was $50 12-15 years ago also.

BTW, I was browsing knives last night after I posted this. It seems that H&K has some reasonably priced knives (Under $40) that are made in the USA. I was looking at Smoky Mountain Knife Works website. Link: http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/products/Heckler%26amp%3BKoch/Heckler+and+Koch+P30+Assisted+Opening+-+SerratedBlack/HK6000008SBT.html

The H&K axis and axis mini (though closer to $100) is a great folder. D2 steel, g10 handles and pillar construction for easy cleaning is great.

• Like 1

Up until last week i carried a gerber razor knife. It is really easy to carry in the small pocket above the big pocket. But then new company policy is no pocket knives. And we were issued a wiss safty utility knife. Once the blade losses pressure it automatically retracts in. So if you slip it will not cut you. Still getting used to it. Bulky and the blade snaps back in when your not ready.

Up until last week i carried a gerber razor knife. It is really easy to carry in the small pocket above the big pocket. But then new company policy is no pocket knives. And we were issued a wiss safty utility knife. Once the blade losses pressure it automatically retracts in. So if you slip it will not cut you. Still getting used to it. Bulky and the blade snaps back in when your not ready.

I have the exact same Gerber. Not much to it, not a real sturdy knife, nothing special, but I wanted something small and thin.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yes it will take some getting used to. Safty first production second. I liked the geber. It was small but handy. I just didn't like changing blades on it cause I would lose the little screw every time. But on the other hand, the blade never pulled out of place when cutting.

Hooray for OSHA[emoji19]
  • Like 2

That my friend is a Spyderco matriarch 2.  VG10 stainless blade,sharp as all hell.  its based off the Spyderco harpy.  the one right below that is my EDC called the Ulize :  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0089DFJ9C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

they also have a larger version:  http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-Civilian-Handle-Serrated-Knife/dp/B001DZT21O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1454440653&sr=8-1&keywords=spyderco+civilian

My wife carries this one:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CH5382?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

the hooked blades are not only good for self defense if you are into that,their original designed purpose was for sailors and such to cut rope and netting,the curve allows you to pull the rope,lines,netting what have you in towards you so its easier to get.