Hey what's up everyone. Hope you guys are have a great day. I just found these forums a few days ago

jswoger1986

I'm a carpenter I just got a new job and for the last 5 years I was installing commercial skylights. Before that I was a commercial carpenter. I just got into the residential side and I'm loving it. Right now I'm scrambling to buy all the tools I need that I didn't need to personally own before I'm basically starting from the ground up outside of the few cordless tools I already had. Most of the other things were ruined in a basement flood so I'm starting over on almost everything. Outside of a table saw and a miter saw I'm trying to make a list in order of importance so that I can prioritize the order that I buy things and wanted some insight from some of you seasoned residential guys. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful I've been reading through a lot of the other posts here it it does seem like there are tons of knowledgeable people here. For the most part I know which tools I'll need but I have no idea which ones i need to prioritize first. We are doing ground up building so something like a framing nailer isn't hi on my list the company I work for does mostly finish work and not too much exterior stuff except for installing Windows and doors so it's mainly things like kitchens, bathrooms, basements, ect..

You can never go wrong with starting with a multi tool kit from one of the well know brands, what you can afford and how much you need to expand your tool line can influence you're purchase. This is what this forum was built to do. These guys LOVE to help you spend your money. Use it, take your time, write down what you will be using the tools for and what you're immediate need is. You will be surprised how fast your tool hoard will grow so think of storage too. Good luck.

• Like 1

I would highly recommend Rolair compressors. Not sure how big you want to go, but they have several smaller finish nailer size compressors that are great. For oscillating tools are you looking to go corded or cordless?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard buddy, I am just the opposite of you, I was a residential bungalow buster for several years and switched to commercial in '05 when work started to slow. I have been on the commercial side for over 10 yrs now.

I will throw a vote in for Dewalt lasers. We have used most brands on the site over the years and everyone swears by the Dewalts.

What tools does your company provide and what are you requiered to have?

My new company doesn't provide any. They do have some tools available as long as they aren't already out on one of the job sites but there is not guarantee today I was doing a door and since I don't currently own a router and there wasn't ones available at the shop this morning I had to bust out a hammer and chisel so it took me twice as long. Laser is a fairly high priority for me because I will be doing most of the drop ceilings that come along because I'm the only one at my company that has done them consistently and since ur a commercial carpenter you know how often you hang drop ceilings lol unfortunately I can't afford the $500 dealt laser I would like to get but I am saving for the one that is around $400 do u have a model u would suggest. My old company used to supply rotary lasers but I definitely can't afford that

I'm a carpenter I just got a new job and for the last 5 years I was installing commercial skylights. Before that I was a commercial carpenter. I just got into the residential side and I'm loving it. Right now I'm scrambling to buy all the tools I need that I didn't need to personally own before I'm basically starting from the ground up outside of the few cordless tools I already had. Most of the other things were ruined in a basement flood so I'm starting over on almost everything. Outside of a table saw and a miter saw I'm trying to make a list in order of importance so that I can prioritize the order that I buy things and wanted some insight from some of you seasoned residential guys. Thanks

I just went out on my own not too long ago. And that is the best thing to do. Make a list of the things you need the most and use the most. And put stuff that you could make or sub it with somthing eles on the back burnner. Unless you find a good deal. I also look at yard sales autions stuff like that. It's not easy starting with nothing and trying to run a company with no help. My dad is a contractor. But we don't get along. So I've started my company from the ground up without help. You can do it too man. Keep your head up.

Millerz

Have you found any websites that are reliable for great deals

All over dude, we post from toolkit, amazon, HD, Lowes, Menards, CPO, sometimes toolbarn or other random places, ACME has had some good deals I got something from that, don't remember what though. So we just kind of compile all of our finds here.

Edit: Ebay too, I'll twist your arm into a few deals too ;)