Impact wrench gen 2?

jorge52892

Anyone heard anything about the high torque impact wrenches coming out in a gen 2 anytime soon? I want to buy one but I can wait if it's coming out soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sort of doubt it. The high torque wrench already tests out with like 1100 ft lbs of torque and can easily shear off bolts. How much more would you want? I could maybe see a OneKey version coming out next year to let you dial in a specific set of parameters, but I'm not aware that they've announced anything yet.

I honestly don't need more than the current one and even that one is more than I need. But if a new one was set to come out soon I was thinking it would be worth the wait

I see what you want here, if your gonna put out any money you want the newest one available at the time of purchase......which makes sense, wouldn't want to buy a tool this week and next week the newer model comes out yours is instantly the old one......If and when a newer one comes along doubt it will have to many new features to make that big of a difference.

I would imagine we would see new High Torque wrenches at some point this year. I bet they will be smaller and more powerful just like the new compact impact wrenches. They will probably be shown at the new product symposium sometime this summer.

Yes I agree with Jason, if Milwaukee comes out with a gen 2 high torque impact, it will more then likely a one key ver. But yeah that thing is a beast as far as torque goes. I don't see them Adding more to it!

If anything they would have a different gearbox giving a "2nd" gear to it, other than that your either at 100 lbs or 700 lbs, at least for the hog ring, other variations have a higher first gear

Jimbo

Edit: a middle gear that is somewhere in the 400 lbs range

See that would be something I would like a middle option would be nice I think I'll wait a month or so and see if anything pops up

Dewalt dcf 899 has almost the same specs but it has 3 speeds price point is about the same as well

Jimbo

Just get a set of torque limiting extensions from HF. Less expensive than a new Milwaukee impact and faster than messing with your smartphone.

http://www.harborfreight.com/10-piece-12-in-torque-limiting-extension-bar-set-69870.html

It have all sorts of impact drivers, not the fuel gen 2 but I have the new dewalt which is just as powerful.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dewalt dcf 899 has almost the same specs but it has 3 speeds price point is about the same as well

Jimbo

I like that dewalt I've looked into it but I already have a couple of tools from milwaukees m18 line so I am going to try and keep them all the same so the batteries can interchange