Bathroom Remodel

kruton

Nice choice I can only drink one of them though they are pretty sweet, still haven't tried their ginger beer yet.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the same way. I grabbed a second one once and couldn't finish it. Just too sweet. I've just heard of the ginger beer but never tried it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm the same way. I grabbed a second one once and couldn't finish it. Just too sweet. I've just heard of the ginger beer but never tried it.

The root beer is good with ice cream though

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite the project Kruton! Can't wait to see more pics. Also.....trying the not your daddy's with vanilla ice cream sounds pretty friggin' awesome. Now I HAVE to try that!

Booze and ice cream...win win baby!

I have not seen something like that in a long time. How old is your house. and is this a second floor bathroom. Back in the day the would fill the joist bays with sand or a dry cement mix the put down a scratch coat down wire then the cement floor. from what I see instead of removing the old floor they keep going over top of the old floor. So be careful removing the old stuff or you could have a lower room full of who knows what. 

• Like 1

I have not seen something like that in a long time. How old is your house. and is this a second floor bathroom. Back in the day the would fill the joist bays with sand or a dry cement mix the put down a scratch coat down wire then the cement floor. from what I see instead of removing the old floor they keep going over top of the old floor. So be careful removing the old stuff or you could have a lower room full of who knows what.

The house was built in the early 50s and it is a second floor bathroom. Luckily the garage is directly below it so it shouldn't be a major issue with stuff falling. It's strange but it's like they used one by material in the joist bays about an inch lower than the joists. Then they put a couple layers of tar paper, then the chicken wire and then mortar with tiles above that. I'll grab some pictures this afternoon .

• Like 1

I grew up in an older neighborhood, (my parents still live there) and the house across the street was purchased from a Sears catalog.  After the original owner had passed away and sold the house, the family that bought the place did a complete remodel.  I remember my brother talking to them about all they crazy stuff they found behind the walls.  I do remember there being a huge hole in the middle of the kitchen, that a big block Chevy motor caused.  The old guy was rebuilding it durning the winter lol.  NOTE: This was back in the 70's and I was still a little kid.

Sorry for the hijack, looking at that flooring brought back some awesome childhood memories..

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This bathroom remodel has been slow going. We have had a lot going on and my free time to work on it has been few and far between. Got the old paneling off the wall and the subfloor down. Next to install the tub and fix the walls. Slowly but surely I guess!c026cdc0a4e4744ecb009b67e5800158.jpg

• Like 4

Slowly but surely is right, plus a few other side quests along the way, always something when you own a property. ..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Having three small kids helps to derail progress as well. I'm taking a couple days off this week so I can get an entire day of uninterrupted work done!

• Like 1

For a toilet. I would recommend a handicap/comfort height model, The seat is 2-3 inches higher than a standard toilet and is much more comfortable when you're taking care of business.

I put a Kohler unit in my upstairs bath and it's awesome. (For a toilet)

I can see why you are remodeling the bathroom, that sucker was grose before. I assume you will be installing a brand new efficient toilet?

The house was built in the early 50s and it is a second floor bathroom. Luckily the garage is directly below it so it shouldn't be a major issue with stuff falling. It's strange but it's like they used one by material in the joist bays about an inch lower than the joists. Then they put a couple layers of tar paper, then the chicken wire and then mortar with tiles above that. I'll grab some pictures this afternoon .Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's actually not gross, just old cast iron. I've got a brand new dual flush toilet that the previous owners put in just before I bought the house a year ago. I am just going to put it back because it is a very nice toilet. Jimbo, I don't know if I would know how to use a bidet! I would probably just use it like Crocodile Dundee to wash my boots.

• Like 1

Ive never used one but i hear its quite the experience, buddy of mine went up to kohler, wisconson and had the privilege of shitting in a $4000 toilet that had a bidet and all sorts of climate control seating and speakers and stuff... yea, as long as i got a bowl to shit in I'm a happy man!

• Like 1

Ive never used one but i hear its quite the experience, buddy of mine went up to kohler, wisconson and had the privilege of shitting in a $4000 toilet that had a bidet and all sorts of climate control seating and speakers and stuff... yea, as long as i got a bowl to shit in I'm a happy man!

That's a little too high class for my ass...literally!

• Like 1